𝘪𝘮𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬ᵗʷᵒ

SYNOPSIS !
Operation Make Mom and Mom Realize They Still Love Each Other and Get Back Together and Get Married— a ten-step plan created by Flora and Sawyer Y/l/n.

                                  I SLIP INTO MY CAR, feeling Y/n's eyes on me as I toss my purse into the passenger seat and buckle my seatbelt

                                  I SLIP INTO MY CAR, feeling Y/n's eyes on me as I toss my purse into the passenger seat and buckle my seatbelt. Knowing that she's making sure I pull off safely is comforting, but her stare still makes me nervous after all this time.

I pull off slowly, glancing at her in the rearview mirror. She turns, swinging her arms as she walks away. I peel my eyes off of her body, making my way home.

I keep the radio off, wanting to just sit in silence with my thoughts. They end up drifting to my boyfriend, who is currently too busy with work to come and stay with me tonight.

I lied to Y/n, telling her that tonight we just wanted some alone time. Truth is, we just don't have much time to spend together recently. We both work during the day, but by the time I get off, he's still working. At the end of the night, he's too tired to come over.

It's tiring, honestly, but I like him enough to try to work through it.

Dalton's a great guy, really. He's sweet to me and the kids, and I know he likes me too. When we're together, we have a lot of fun, but those times are a bit sparse.

We started dating nine months ago about a month after we met. We met on a dating app, cliché, I know. But we did, and we went on a good handful of very nice dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend. I obviously said yes.

We dated casually for a few months before I decided to introduce him to the kids. He was pretty excited to meet them since we were both hoping for this relationship to last a very long time, and he was hoping to build a great relationship with them.

Flora and Sawyer hate his guts. No matter how hard he tries, they won't budge. Flora is at least respectful and tries to be amicable, but Sawyer barely responds to him when he talks to him.

He makes an effort to mention his mother as much as possible when Dalton's around. Telling stories of us as a family and saying things like "My mom makes really good spaghetti" when Dalton offers to make spaghetti for us.

It's stressful, to say the least. I'm trying to move on with a nice man who likes me, but my children don't seem to want that for me.

I do understand why. They both still have this fantasy in their heads where their mother and I make up and get back together. But it's just a fantasy. It's not going to happen.

The car ride home goes by quickly. I get out of the car and head inside, eager to have my glass of wine and take my warm bath.

I take things a bit slow, taking the time to put away my things before grabbing my wine and a wine glass and taking them upstairs to my bedroom.