☀︎┆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 ꒰𝟏𝟐꒱: 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐲

If you haven't seen the update in chapter 11,
I just changed one sentence. Check it out if you want.

𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐲 - is a sudden event that causes great distress and disaster

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

"𝔉uck!". Kenji cursed, throwing his helmet onto the floor out of rage creating a loud thud. The loud stomping of his steps announced his entrance. His body was slouched and his hands crumbled into tight fists. "Threaten to trade me?", his outraged cry bounced loudly off the tall metal walls of his gloomy basement. "And to the Tigers?", gritting his teeth, his hands flung into the air.

"Argh, no one trades Ken Sato!", He harshly kicks the helmets away, not bothering to pick it up, instead grudgingly trudging towards the large glass screen that separated him from the deep blue sea.

He stared intensely at his reflection, unable to comprehend his new reality. The sea was dark yet small specks of light escaped though it's dreary veil. The light danced on the basement's cold floor like the night sky. His eyebrows creased, shaking his head at his hands that were displayed In front of him. "I...Can't they see? I'm trying my best!", he croaked, the rapidness of his breath left him winded.

"God!", his head snapped to the side, as kenji's burning fury turned into heavy frustration. "I feed you. I clean your massive poopies!", His voice lowered, slapping his hand onto the cool glass before his knees gave out, slowly slumping down onto the floor.

Mina finally caught up to Kenji as she hovered closely to his side. She watched as he fell onto his knees, his torso supported by his hands. Kenji's head hung low, while his body shook. Soft sniffles were heard along with the growing shakiness of his breath. "Ken? Are you crying?", she spoke hesitantly.

"No....", he sniffled. Jerking his head to the side, "I'm not crying!", he embarrassingly forced between his quivering lips. Quieting his wet sobs he quickly wiped the salty tears that streamed down his face, hiding it from view.

"Want to hit some balls, Ken? That always makes you feel better.", Mina suggested. "Or perhaps it is time you tell Ms. Iori.". Her robic voice hummed.

Her words seemed to have hit a nerve, as his eyes shot deathly daggers her way. "No way, not doing that Mina.", he shakes his head vigorously, heavily against this idea. And just at the mention of her name images of her face from earlier that day popped into his thoughts. "Just gimme the bat!", he rips off his jacket, impatiently reaching his hand out attempting to distract him from his thoughts.

Mina stayed silent. Complying to his wishes she prepared the simulation as he snatched the bat from her robotic arm spitefully.

"Yeah, baby. Come'on! Come'on.", he grumbled to himself, tightly gripping onto the bat in his hands. "You are Ken Sato.", He swung the bat and missed. A frustrated groan escaped through his grit teeth, another image of (y/n) popped up in his mind.

He bit his lip, quickly dismissing the thought before attempting to swing again, this time even fiercer than the last, only for different images of her to replace the old ones he brushed off. "God! Fucking focus Kenji, focus.", he slammed his bat onto the artificial dirt in a fit of rage, erasing her from his thoughts once more.

He returned back into position. Squinting his eyes, this time he made sure he was focused. And to his delight, there was no image of her enticing face. But to his dismay that wasn't the end to his problems.

Instead, a familiar feeling crept up his spine. His heart beat suddenly throbbed as he felt her touch on his skin, the candied scent of her perfume crept into his senses, her hot breath against the base of his neck. His breath hitched, as he watched another ball appallingly fall just short of his swing.