☀︎┆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 ꒰𝟏𝟓꒱: 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

A/N: Hey guys thank you for clarifying they were just jokes! (I don't mind them so make as many as you please) I was just worried that you guys weren't enjoying it which I'm so glad wasn't the case. Thank you for your love!

Also, I really need to make an update schedule. I'm gonna start school soon so I won't have as much time to update. But I have basically he whole book planned out. It'll be around 30-35 chapters I don't want anything longer. Hopefully I'll get around to writing.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

"𝕾ato you son of a bitch!", I screeched loudly, forcing down the thick saliva that laid suffocatingly at the back of my mouth. I was seated slightly elevated on the passenger seat, uncomfortably close behind him. Both my hands were anchored tightly onto either side of his waist. And my head was turned to the side, frozen. Refusing to face forward, I watched in horror as each vehicle quickly passed by, almost as quickly as a blur. A reminder of the speeds Kenji was driving.

"Sorry I can't hear you sweetheart!", Kenji sang, though I knew for a fact he could clearly hear my curses. He spoke just loudly enough for my ears to make out the cockiness in his voice against the roaring wind.

My body felt eerily numbed, a feeling that made me feel weak — one that I couldn't stand. My legs like jelly and my hands hopelessly clung onto the fabric of his shirt— the part which I dreaded the most. A mixture of nervousness, anger, and admittedly fear, churned faster in with every moment that seemed to pass so torturously slow. The harsh winds which sent ripples down my clothes, pressed my head against the hard surface of my helmet, didn't help the nauseating headache that knocked on my lungs.

"You could've at least told me they weren't car keys!", I shouted through grit teeth.

Kenji chuckled, a mischievous glint lingered subconsciously in his voice. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and the feeling of heavy dread hardened into a dark pit in my gut. And as if my body knew, that dread grew into reality just as quickly as it formed.

Small crackles and pops rumbled from the engine, sending vibrations to my padded seat and up onto my skin. It was quickly followed by clouds of grey smoke which erupted from the exhaust. And finally two loud roars marked the start of Kenji's joyride.

"...WHAT THE FUCK-", My voice pitched into a deafening cry. Before I knew it, my body jolted forward, landing harshly onto Kenji's back as he suddenly sped up. Instinctively, my arms wrapped tightly around his torso. Pressing our bodies into a tight hug, I felt the edges of his ridged spine and the valleys that carved his muscles against my chest. my head rested on to his left shoulder.

We weaved between the narrow crooks of each vehicle, causing our bodies leaned erratically from side to side, tipping dangerously like a rocking boat. My eyes could barely make out the world around me. The lights--both red and green, subtle hints of yellow and the dark evening sky. They all morphed into a large blur.

I shot a glare, "Sato, what the fuck are you doing? Drive slower you dumbass! You're gonna get us both killed". I yelled, holding back another scream that clawed at the base of my throat.

"Can't take it anymore baby?", he hummed, looking over his shoulder. "Loosen up a bit will ya? Just enjoy the ride (y/n)!"

I shot daggers into his skull with my hardened glare. Though that fury was extinguished just as quickly, as my body suddenly jolted upwards.

"Keep your eyes on the fucking road!", I hissed.

Kenji's misty purple eyes only peered deeper into mine. "And take my eyes off your pretty face? Not a chance sweetheart."