five

Your eyes trace the documents lining the folder as you take in the garble of legality nonsense, brows furrowed as you try and decipher what it was you were looking at. Your fingers trace along the surface of the paper as you flip through them, eyes tracing Königs signature at the bottom of the last paper.

Your heart rate eases up on its anxious beating pattern, a soft breath escaping your lips as a small smile tugs on your lips. Your finger traces the pen markings, before skimming down to the blank spot where his ex should have already signed it, annoyance creeping in again.

She just really couldn't let it go.

You close the folder as you roll your eyes, pushing it aside, knowing he was coming back over later tonight for dinner anyways, and bothering him in his emergency meeting isn't going to do much other than annoy him.

Instead you finish unpacking, letting the days sun cycle run its course buried in boxes, back stiff as the sound of the door opening catches you off guard, Königs gaze settled on you as you whip around with wide eyes. You stand with a smile, the wine in his hand one of your favorites, and you can't help but grin, letting his arms envelope you.

"Sorry for having to leave today, Schatz. But it's just you and I tonight. I swear," he whispers against your ear, nose tipping your chin back slightly as his head dips, pressing a series of lingering kisses down your neck as you release a trembling sigh. Your teeth dig into your lower lip, fingers digging into his arms as a rumbled sound of approval escapes your throat.

"Sounds...perfect," you breathe out, eyes fluttering weakly as he pulls back, the half lidded expression he was carrying letting you know his intentions before the hard bulge in his pants dig against your hips.

"Down, boy. You promised me dinner. And I'm starved. I've unpacked this entire apartment by myself," you say, pushing on his chest playfully as you step out of his grip, his lips parting to release a rumbled chuckle as his hand absently palms the tent he was starting to sport, letting his hand fall heavily at his side as he follows you into the kitchen.

"You make it impossible not to be turned on around you. You look at me a certain way or you so little as graze me with your hands and I'm hard as a rock, completely at your mercy," he murmurs, hand pinning your hair back slightly as you lean back against the counter on your palms, his words drawing your lips up into a cheeky smile.

"Mmm. While I've got you at my mercy, then..." you begin in a sultry whisper, walking towards him as he backs into the island counter, his eyes eager and his hands clenching on the marble almost desperately, the warmth of your hands pressing into the counter next to his waist making his breath hitch.

"...how does cooking pasta sound?" You say, grabbing the box of noodles behind him, his eyes narrowing slightly as he realizes you weren't going to cave into him so easily this time. He can't help the smile that forces its way onto his lips, his hands taking the box from you as he lets out a sigh before chuckling.

"It sounds perfect. As long as you'll be my assistant?" He quips, turning to look over his shoulder as he opens the fridge, your lips curling as you nod your head.

"Sure. But the last time I helped you cook, you burnt breakfast and scarred your son for life," you giggle, recalling the time he had fingered you on his counter in front of his son, the warm blush visualizing on your cheeks as the memory comes to mind.

"Ach. That boy doesn't know his head from his ass," König mutters, pulling out tomatoes and spices, littering the counter with the meal he's about to start prepping. You watch as his smile fades slightly, eyes gazing at you as he sets the knife down.

"But let's not talk about my screwed up family. This is about us," he offers softly, hand squeezing yours as he leans in to press a kiss to your temple. It makes you nod, remembering the file you flipped through earlier. You bite your lip to keep from blurting all the curious questions on the tip of your tongue, instead sliding up onto the counter as you admire his biceps as they flex with every movement around the kitchen.