CHAPTER NINE

OLIVIA WOKE UP WITH A pounding in her head. Hangovers, how she hated those. Thankfully she didn't drink enough to cause any severe symptoms but it was enough to make her want to crawl back into bed and stay there all day.

Unfortunately, the faint sound of her door creeping open ever so slightly had forced her to open her eyes once again. She watched as Max poped his head in, giving her a cheeky grin. "Morning," he pushed the door open further revealing a plate of food and a cup of coffee.

Whatever animosity she had for him disturbing her peace vanished at the sight of food.

"Thought I'd bring you some breakfast in bed." Olivia sighed dreamily, "Your hand in marriage?" Max let out a huff of laughter, "Don't have to ask me twice, beautiful."

WHAT THE FUCK?

Olivia tried her best to hide the blush that coated her face but the confident smirk on Max's told her all she needed to know.

Damn you, Verstappen.

Damn you.

"Two sugars, no milk?" Olivia nodded, "Just how I like it." He placed the food on her lap and the mug on her side table. "Did you make this yourself?" She paused for a moment and Max gave her an offended frown as he sat down. "No, Lando did. But for the record I'm not that horrible at cooking."

Olivia winced but didn't say anything. She could feel Max's eyes on her as she began eating her breakfast. She sent him an annoyed glance. "What?" The Red Bull driver widened his eyes slightly not understanding what she was asking? "You keep staring at me?"

Max scoffed, "I wasn't staring!" Olivia rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say Max." She teased, nudging his thigh with her foot. "Now let me eat my breakfast in peace!"

Max stood up and he walked towards the door. As he reached the door handle he paused, "Hang on–" he turned to face her, "You never told me about what happened with that guy last night."

Olivia had actually passed out on the passenger seat 5 minutes into the car ride and Lando had refused to say anything, "Talking about just makes me even more pissed off. Rather ask Liv when she wakes up."

She in fact, did not wake up and Max carried her all the way to the apartment. Which explains why she was still in last nights dress (minus the shoes).

"It doesn't matter. Some guy was just being a dickhead because I was ignoring him. Thankfully I won't ever have to come face to face with his ugly ass again."

Max nodded in understanding before giving her a soft smile as he walked out the room. "Don't forget Daniels arriving tommorow!" He yells from the hallway.

Olivia sighed, "I really do not look forward to babysitting the three of you!" She yells back. Lando pops his head into the room, "Three of us? I'm not that bad!"

"Careful Lando, Santa knows when your lying." The Brit scowls at his friend, "I'm not five!" Olivia shrugged her shoulders, "That's debatable."