chapter IV

~

~

PENGUIN dashed across the grassy shoreline of Amazon Lily, a spring in his step and excitement in his eyes. He spotted the rest of the Heart Pirates lounging nearby, bored and restless.

As he approached, his voice carried across the beach. "Guys! She's awake!"

The crew members sprang to attention, their curiosity piqued. Shachi was the first to speak, a dreamy look in his eyes. "Is her voice as sweet as her face?"

"Do her blue eyes shimmer like the stars, just like in her bounty poster?" Hakugan asked, in anticipation.

Penguin nearly giggled, "She's as beautiful as they say, maybe even more. We're lucky to be taking care of such a famous, gorgeous pirate!"

The Heart Pirates erupted into excited chatter, recounting the tales and rumors they had heard about Whitebeard's daughter. Most of them had only caught a glimpse of her since she undergone surgery. They spoke of her legendary combat skills, her celestial Devil Fruit powers, and her unyielding spirit. For them, stuck on the shoreline and unable to explore Amazon Lily, Laika's presence was the most exciting thing to happen in weeks.

"She's probably the most beautiful patient we've ever had," Ikkaku added, a dreamy smile spreading across her face. "Can you believe we're actually taking care of Whitebeard's daughter?"

"And don't forget how strong she is," Clione chimed in, a note of admiration in his voice. "She's survived Marineford and fought alongside some of the strongest pirates in the world."

As the crew continued to swoon and share their excitement, Trafalgar Law approached, his expression a mix of exasperation and his usual calm facade. He sighed but chose to ignore their antics, making his way to a spot away from the group where Jinbei sat.

The fishman looked up as Law approached, a calm and grateful expression on his face. "How is Laika-chan's condition?" he asked.

Law settled down beside him, his eyes scanning the horizon. "She's recovering as expected. She should be fully healed in a couple more weeks."

Jinbei nodded, a look of relief washing over his features. "Thank you again, for saving both Luffy-kun and Laika-chan. I owe you a great debt."

Law brushed off the gratitude with a wave of his hand. "I did what any doctor would have done. Besides, it may pay off for us in the future."

Jinbei's eyes twinkled with understanding. "Perhaps. But nonetheless, you've given them a second chance, and for that, I am grateful."

Law nodded, his gaze shifting to the sea.

Straw Hat-ya was still in undesirable condition but it was up to him now if he were going to make it out of this.

The two men sat in companionable silence, the sounds of the Heart Pirates' excited chatter and the gentle lapping of the waves providing a soothing backdrop. For now, there was a sense of calm, a brief respite from the chaos they had all endured.