| CHAPTER TWO | The Witness of Fire

| CHAPTER TWO; The Witness of Fire |
——————————————————

| CHAPTER TWO; The Witness of Fire | ——————————————————

AEREA STOOD OUTSIDE OF Laena's chambers as she gave birth. Or attempted to do so. She listened to the screams and cries of her, the girl worried that Laena would not be able to give birth to the babe. She had heard the tale of Viserys cutting open Lady Aemma Arryn. And she only hoped that her father would not do the same. Laena didn't deserve it. Baela and Rhaena deserved to have a mother.

She ran down the halls upon hearing the woman's screams spread outside. She stumbled on the sand upon reaching it, frozen as she watched Vhagar burn her only mother figure. She gasped, staring with wide eyes as the woman came up in flames.

She hurried back inside as this occurred, afraid of her father catching her and punishing her for not doing something. She would never tell anyone of what she saw that night. No one would know that the young girl of ten and two watched Laena Velaryon burn to death on the beach.

-

She and the family traveled to Driftmark in order to witness Laena's funeral. Aerea was surely not suffering as much as her half-sisters. That much was for certain. She wasn't exactly sad anymore, but she could not get the vision of her death out of her head.

As Vaemond Velaryon spoke in High Valyrian, everyone listened silently. Until Daemon began to fall into a fit of giggles, Aerea glaring at her father angrily. She found nothing funny. His speech continued before Laena's body was plunged into the ocean.

After the ceremony was ended, everyone was left to converse and perhaps speak about happy stories they remembered regarding the late Lady.

Aerea was not with her half-sisters, but standing beside her cousins. Aenar, Aemond, and Aegon. Aenar was Aemond's younger twin brother, he was quite similar to Aegon, though. Nothing like his twin.

When Aegon had taken Aenar and Aemond to the brothel once, Aenar quite liked his experience. But he had gotten a whore much closer to his age range and more to his liking. But Aemond wasn't so lucky. From then on, Aenar accompanied Aegon to the brothels.

Aerea ignored Aegon as he spoke jokingly about her to his brothers until a smack was laid upon her butt by none other than Aegon.

She snarled at him, shoving him angrily. He cackled with Aenar before calling for more wine, the younger brother following along with him.

She remained in her spot beside Aemond, "Gotten any smarter since we last spoke?" She questioned teasingly, nudging him softly.