The expression of a murderer

"What's up, Deku? Long time no see."

"What the fuck did you just call me?"

Screw being nice. This guy is a total piece of shit. Does he even know what he just called Izuku? In Japanese, the word 'Deku' is used for wooden dolls created for the masses. Contrary to the wooden dolls used in art, Deku's were bad quality and over time only got worse.

These days, Deku is used as slang in Japanese for someone being 'good for nothing' a 'blockhead' and even 'useless'. This came about as to make fun of the poor quality of the cheap dolls.

"What didn't you hear me? Guess you really are more useless than I thought. The new nickname will work perfectly then!" The blonde concluded, seeming oddly proud of himself.

Izuku's face was contorted in disbelief. His lip was snarled as his eyebrows raised. 'How does he even know what that means?' As much as Izuku wanted to retaliate, he knows that this is what he's good at. Staying calm when confronted with something that could make the normal person rage.

He would have to keep his cool to also keep his job. Not to mention it's not like he can just kick Bakugo out now that Mr. Aizawa has requested; he didn't. And so he did what he had to; he bit his tongue. Who knows? Maybe this will be a good conversation starter.

"So do you speak Japanese?" Izuku tried to ask as calmly as he could while exiting his seat and starting towards the door. Bakugo crossed his path as the blonde went to take a seat.

"What the hell does it matter if I do or don't?" Izuku rolled his eyes as he locked the door just as he had for all the other soldiers.

"Well, I'm sure you've already figured it out, but I'm the new medic and counselor for the BMB; right now I'm conducting all my mental analyses, and then once it's done, I'll move on to the physical exams." Izuku sat back down and looked into the blondes aggregating eyes. "So, I am really hoping you'll cooperate with me so I can write a report on whether you are mentally equipped to be in the army." The blonde whipped his head to the greenette and scoffed.

"Do I look like I'm depressed or some shit? What the hell is this? Besides, wouldn't it be easier to do both analyses at the same time?" The blonde opened his mouth again after taking a breath, only to be cut off.

"You know what? Sure. Let's just get both your consultations done today so I don't have to pull you again in a week. I'll get your exact stats from your advisor, so just tell me about yourself, and then I'll ask about your physical health." Izuku stated clearly as though to not spark anymore dumb questions from the not so dumb blonde.

Bakugo slumped back in his chair and stared at the ceiling angrily. "So what the hell do I gotta tell you?" He spat at the fluorescent ceiling light.

"Let me just ask questions, and you can answer. It'll be easier for both of us that way." Izuku was starting to let his temper slip. "And try to make the answers worthwhile, please. I don't want to write you up for insubordination."

The blonde let out a husky chuckle as he finally looked back at the shorter boy. "You threatening me, Deku? The hell are you acting all high and mighty for when I could clearly break your 18-year-old spine?"

Izuku was a little shocked, 18? Izuku knows he looks young, but not that young. He laughed a little. "Do I really look that young? It's nice to know I haven't aged yet."

Bakugo looked a little closer at the greenette as he observed his scared-looking face. "Nah, you're fucking with me. There's no way you're older than 20. I mean, I was your height in 8th grade." The blonde casually insulted the shorter boy as though it were his way of breathing.