𝟭𝟲 ─── 𝗸𝗮𝗸𝘂𝗰𝗵𝗼 𝘅 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗶

reaper! kakucho x takemichimentioned stalking, forced imprisonment, death

mentioned stalking, forced imprisonment, death

Looking down at his corpse, Takemichi floated there for a good solid minute, his eyes wide and his mind blank. Looking down at his hands, he observed that they were practically invisible, which allowed him to see through them. His eyes wandered to the land. His feet were stuck mid-air. He was floating.

Holy shit.

I fucking died.

"What the hell?!" he screamed, pacing back and forth in the air as he tried to control the rapidly increasing shock and horror he felt growing by the sudden dire situation. "I died . . ! no. . no. . No! why is this happening to me!?"

Sinking to the floor, or as best as he could since he couldn't even touch it, he glanced over at his body. His skin was already beginning to take on a sheen of paleness that only death could bring, his hair matted and his eyes closed. He was splayed out on his couch with a blanket swathed around him and a bowl of now-cold soup on the table next to him. It seemed only yesterday he called in sick from the small fever he had, and now he was dead.

Dead from the same sickness.

"This fucking sucks . . ." he sniffed, wiping away the nonexistent tears he thought he shed, exhaling loudly upon the realization of the fact.

I'm still on earth . .
Does that mean that there is no afterlife? no heaven? no hell? no reincarnation? no valhalla?

. . . . Nothing?

"That is where you are wrong, mortal," an eerie voice reverberated from all around him, the pure chills that ran through his form were enough for her to know whoever was speaking wasn't human the slightest. "It is time to go through your life's memories and see where to put you."

"Put me . . ?" he tilted his head, his brows furrowed in puzzlement. "What do you mean?"

Continuing to look around his small apartment, it wasn't long before a hooded figure materialized, obviously male from how large and imposing he was compared to him. He wore a dark robe with various symbols etched into the cloth that he could not read, unable to see his face save for the long strands of hair that escaped the darkness. Then there was the scythe-the blade curved over his head before ending in a sharp and pointed tip. It easily looked like something that could slice a person in half if he so desired that outcome.

"It is time to see if you go to paradise, remain here, reincarnate, or rot in repentance," the entity continued as he stepped closer.

Takemichi's eyes widened at that.

Oh . .
this is different from what everyone says . .

"What happens if I... remain here?" he asked softly, the whole room seeming to be shrouded in his shadow. "Is that bad?"