Do it again, do it again (Say my stupid name)

Give it up for dumbass everyone, this one does NOT know how to write fight scenes so this is gonna be the most corny attempt you're ever gonna see.

Also js because Sabito is alive doesn't mean he automatically became a happy go lucky ray of sunshine again, he needs time to heal still because for awhile he really thought Sabito was dead.

Also sorry guys but I am a Rengiyuu and Uzugiyuu enthusiast so uhhh bare with me.😓

(Side note; I was giggling over the after war trio for like 10 mins straight and they're not even in this chapter together so idk)

(Uzugiyuu & Rengiyuu my beloved <3)

————

"Your mission is at ****, it's a small village where a demon has been said to lurk around the area and kidnap people off the streets at night, likely while they're alone—but, it probably doesn't care either way," Kagaya explains in a calm voice, waiting for Tomioka to say something more.

"Thank you, master, I will head out now." Tomioka stands and bows, he turns on his heels but hesitates at the door.

Despite hesitating for a moment too long, Tomioka couldn't bring himself to ask the question he wanted.

He walks out the door, leaving behind a mildly confused Kagaya.

(no this isn't a ship (that's weird btw), he wanted to ask about backup but got nervous.)

"What an odd child." Kagaya mutters, taking tea from Amane.

.
.
.
.
.

Tomioka arrives at the village the demon has been terrorizing, and notices a significant loss of people, seemingly. He'd visited this place before with Rengoku, passing by for a different mission just further up the mountain.

Nightfall began just as the village came in sight.

He watches every shadow, any indication of demon activity nearby. The streets are eerily silent as he passes by dim alleyways.

He enters an alley after hearing rustling and muffled screams, he unsheathes his katana in preparation, again, it could just be a lowly thug and not a demon.

Not that he'd leave it if it did happen to be a mugging, though.

But when he does see what's happening, he knows it's not a mugging.

He lunges forward in one swift motion, his katana slicing through the air and chopping the demon's arm off. Disgusting red blood splatters all over the victim and Tomioka.

He grabs the victim who had been held captive by the demon, and jumps away to assure her safety, before leaving her and going back to the demon.

"This ends now, scum." Tomioka hisses, lunging forward and slicing its head off.

It fell clean off, splattering blood all down Tomioka's haori, the man cringes and then realizes something is amiss.

"That seemed too easy. Even though it's a demon with no kanji in its eyes, normally even they put up some fight."

He jumps back, gesturing for Kanzaburou to get ready and call for backup if needed.

"This demon has two horns and a lump on its head..."

"It's split."

"It let me behead it on purpose." Tomiokas thoughts run wild as he watches its body and head take another form.

"Upper four. That's the kanji it has in its eyes now."

He snaps his head over to his crow.

"Kanzaburou! Go call for backup! It's uppermoon four, I'm not going to be able to handle it alone!" Tomioka shouts to the bird, who immediately flies off as quickly as it can.