Chapter 13: The glasses

A/N: hi guys this is my official petition to be your favourite write since none of them want to update xox
sign here____ and here ____
thanks so much!

since no one else is feeding you i suppose i shall 😓

—————-

The room was filled with a heavy silence after Demitra's words hit y/n. . Demitra sat beside her on the bed, her mind racing. She could still feel the tension, the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air. She wanted to do something, anything, to show Y/N that she was safe now.

"Y/N," Demitra said softly, looking into her friend's eyes, "take off the glasses and hood."

Y/N immediately stiffened, shaking her head. "No, Demitra. I can't."

"Please," Demitra repeated, her voice gentle but insistent. "Take off the glasses and hood."

Y/N felt a surge of panic rising in her chest. She pulled the hood tighter around her face, the oversized fabric giving her a false sense of security. "I can't. I just... I can't."

Demitra's heart ached at the fear in Y/N's voice. "Why not? You don't have to hide from me."

Y/N's eyes darted around the room, avoiding Demitra's gaze. "I don't want you to see. It's... it's too much."

"Y/N," Demitra said firmly, her voice taking on a soothing tone. "You don't have to be afraid. I'm here for you. Let me help. I will never ever judge you."

Y/N shook her head again, more vehemently this time. "You don't understand. You'll look at me differently."

Demitra's facial expression softened and the pain in her eyes were visible, how could someone hurt such an innocent soul like this? "Y/N, please. Trust me. I could never look at you different , not even if i tried, Just take off the glasses and hood." She had to see what damage was done and how she could help.

"No!" Y/N's voice was a mixture of desperation and fear. "I can't do it!"

They started talking over each other, their voices rising in a crescendo of emotion. Demitra, frustrated by Y/N's resistance, leaned in and gently pinned Y/N down to the bed, her hands holding Y/N's shoulders. The sudden physical closeness made both of them freeze.

Their faces were inches apart, their breaths mingling in the tense silence. Y/N's heart pounded in her chest as she looked into Demitra's eyes. For a moment, everything else faded away. The anger, the fear, the anxiety—it all dissolved in the intensity of their shared gaze.

Demitra's grip on Y/N's shoulders softened, her eyes searching Y/N's face for any sign of further resistance. "Y/N," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "Please."

Y/N's breath hitched, her eyes wide with a mixture of fear and something else she couldn't quite identify. The vulnerability in Demitra's eyes broke down her last defense. She nodded ever so slightly, giving her silent consent.

Demitra cleared her throat, breaking the moment, but she didn't look away. Instead, she reached up with trembling hands and gently removed Y/N's glasses. The dark lenses slipped away, revealing the cuts and bruises marring Y/N's face.

Y/N flinched, turning her head away, but Demitra cupped her cheek gently, coaxing her to face forward. "Look at me, Y/N."

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes as she met Demitra's gaze. The look of pain and protectiveness in Demitra's eyes was almost too much to bear. "I'm so sorry," Y/N whispered.

Demitra shook her head, her own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "You have nothing to be sorry for. None of this is your fault."

Y/N's bottom lip trembled. "I just... I didn't want you to see me like this."

Demitra's expression hardened, a fierce protectiveness taking over. "I hate that he did this to you. I hate that you felt like you had to hide it. Who even is this guy because i swear , give me the name and i swear to god y/n i'll-

Y/N reached up, touching Demitra's hand on her cheek. "Please, Demitra, calm down. I don't want you to get upset because of me."

Demitra took a deep breath, forcing herself to stay composed. "I'm not upset at you, Y/N. I'm upset at what he did to you. You don't deserve any of this."

Y/N nodded, her tears falling freely now. "I know. But I just... I couldn't handle you seeing me like this. It's too much."

"You're not too much. You're strong, and you're beautiful, even with these scars. They don't define you." She finishes while gently tracing over each cut and bruise on Y/N's face.

Y/N closed her eyes, savoring the warmth of Demitra's touch and the sincerity in her words.

Demitra pulled back slightly, her eyes still locked on Y/N's. "We'll get through this together, okay? One step at a time."

Y/N nodded, a small, tentative smile forming on her lips. "Okay."

Demitra smiled back, brushing a tear away from Y/N's cheek. "Good. Now, let's get you cleaned up and comfortable. You don't have to hide anymore. Not from me."

As they sat together, the weight of Y/N's secret finally lifted, replaced by a newfound sense of trust and connection. And in that moment, Y/N knew she had found a friend who would stand by her through anything.

'friend '😼😼😼