~Things are changing~

Just as every day the black suit sits tight on me, too tight. Just as usually I enter the big and tall building where my office is. Just as always I press the button and the elevator comes for me. The same things everyday, and I can't find any words to describe how I hate that. But that's still not the worst part, the worst part is definitely my office desk. Everyday I end big paper wars on my office desk. From 8.00 A.M until 05.00 P.M I'm at the office, sitting there and sorting some useless paperstuff. And then, everyday Mr. Kempbell, the big boss of that office comes and shouts at me and some other office workers that we're too slow, dumb, etc. . That's so annoying! I can't stand out my job, I hate it, luckily after 05.00 P.M. that whole nightmare ends and I can finally enjoy my life again. Going to the stable is definitely the highlight of the day for me. I can finally see my beloved Haflinger mare Summer again. Well, actually she isn't my own horse, I just rent her. She is the cutest creature in this world, she's always there for me and always listens to me when I have something on my mind, and of course riding her is a nice experience too. So after I went out of the office building, I quickly escaped out of Jarlaheim's tall city walls, which have protected that town for centuries, and went to Jorvik Stables which are located right next to Jarlaheim. Jarlaheim isn't a really big town, but not the smallest on Jorvik. Jorvik City is of course bigger than Jarlaheim or the other towns or cities on this island, but there aren't stables everywhere or any horses around like in the rest of the island.
Now I arrived at Jorvik Stables, I passed all the pastures, right in through the tall stone walls around the stables. Summer was already waiting there for me on the inner pasture. I greeted her and we had some cuddles. After some time I brang her light blue colored halter and leading rope from the tack room and got her ready for a little jumping workout.

✔ Brushed her
✔ Cleaned her hooves
✔ Braided her mane
✔Saddled her

I was through with the checklist in my head and we finally went to the huge outdoor riding arena, which is surrounded by white fences and has a floor which is covered with sand.

First we warmed up by riding several rounds in walk before we started to trott. Then, after the warm up I pushed her into a gentle Canter. We galloped a bit either and then we started jumping some small 30cm-high obstacles. Later we jumped a few 50cm to 70cm-high obstacles.
Of course I let her stretch her neck while walking at the end.

Some time later I was waiting for the bus at the bus stop in Jarlaheim. It came and so I went home back to Moorland. It was late when I arrived at my little house in the Jorvik Riding Camp in Moorland.

At home I was searching for something on my desktop as I suddenly saw a job application. The Jorvik Rangers are looking for new employees.

They are looking for new workers? How exciting! I started reading the job application and that's what I read:

Howdy dear Jorvegian reader,
great that you saw our post. We, the Jorvik Rangers Association are looking for new helpers for the Ranger Station in Mistfall.
There are several different positions and jobs at our station. So if you love the nature, horses, wild animals, adventures and want a good community, then check out our website www.jorvikrangersassociation.jr to find out more.

Wow! That sounds really interesting. That's not the boring and annoying office where I hate to be. I would spend my time in the nature, with horses and lots of other rangers, and I would also help wild animals, the forest, tourists and other people. That sounds good to me.
After I've read everything, I printed out the form and filled it out.

On the next day I got up earlier, so I had time to go to Silverglade Village which wasn't far from Moorland before the bus to Jarlaheim comes.
I have an acquaintance at the post office there, so I knew that my letter would soon arrive at the recipient.

2 days later my friend from the post office texted me:

Hey Aleah) We received a letter for you. The sender is the Jorvik Rangers Association.
Hugs and kisses

When I finally came home after a long day at the office and a calming trail ride with Summer, I went to Silverglade Village. We were sitting at a coffee shop when my friend Hannah gave me the letter.

"So, you wanna work at the Jorvik Rangers station in Mistfall, huh?" Hannah asked me.
"Well, yes. I hate my job at the office. It's so exhausting. And there I would be in the nature and with horses. That's what I always dreamed of." I replied.
"But MISTFALL, don't you think that's a bit too far away from home, from Moorland? And what about Summer?" Hannah wondered.
"Yeah, it is, but I want some tranquility in the woods. And yes, I'll surely miss Summer, but that's not the end of life. I know that she'll be fine and I'll come to visit her every holidays or free days I'll get there."
"Well, okay, it's your decision. If you want that, then you should do that. You should listen to your heart." Hannah smiled.
We giggled.

When we both finished drinking our drinks (I drank a hot chocolate and Hannah a cup of coffee), I went home.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the letter at home and read that they accepted me.
I screamed and laughed because of happiness.

Things are changing. I won't work at an office anymore, I won't be in Moorland for some time, I won't see Summer. Everything's gonna be different, but hopefully better.

Author's note:
Howdy everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I know I haven't introduced the main character, but I'll find a way to do that. I know, that chapter wasn't really interesting, but I'll try the best to make the next ones more interesting.....

I also wanted to give some credits:
I gave credits for the characters and the place where it happens in the letter for you. But as you may have seen, I've put a picture for chapter 1 above. On the picture you can see Aleah and Summer, Jarlaheim and Moorland in the upper right corner. The pictures of Jarlaheim and Moorland were made by Amirasworkshop (www.amiras-workshop.weebly.com)

Kindest regards