South

Jessie's POV

I am currently at the mall shopping with my best friend Janet. She's the first woman I met
When I came here. She was my neighbor at the time and so welcoming. Mi never did like har at first but I eventually warmed up to her. She's cool I guess.

"Jessie I think this would look so cute on you. Showing off all ya curves." Janet hyped me up.

"Honestly it Nuh look too bad." I said noticing the out fit. It can gwaan it Nuh look bad although she white she have taste.

Wonder how Jamal doing. He had gone on vacation to forget everything that is happening. I wish I could've went with him but I had work to do. Hopefully next time though. We were walking, looking at amazing outfits. Ano all a dem can buy though some a dem too high fhi whi pocket.

I heard the song that I have been singing since morning started playing. And I felt goosebumps.

I′ll say of the Lord that he is refuge
In him will I put all of my trust
He's taking me daily ooh
From glory to glory Hallelujah
In him will I trust
In him will I trust
Some trust in chariots
Some trust in horses
But I will remember the name of my God
He is a warrior
Yes, he is mighty
In him will I trust
In him will I trust
He′s my defender, my shield and butler yeah
My hope is built firmly on him
On mountains, in valleys
My God is before me
So in him will I trust
In him will I trust
Some trust in chariots
Some trust in horses
But I will remember the name of my God
He is a warrior
And he is mighty
In him will I trust
In him will I trust
Come what may yeah
I'll never doubt him ooh
I'm fervently praying and resting in him
Because he has a track record yeah of never failing
So in him will I trust
In him will I trust
Some Trust in Chariots
Some trust in horses
But I will remember the name of my God
He is a warrior
Yes he is mighty
In him will I trust
In him will I trust
You have my heart
You have my mind
You have my trust
You have my life
My life, my life
My life, my life
My life, my life
My life, my life
My life, my life
Give it all to you
Give it all to you
Give it all to you
Give it all to you
Give it all
Give it all to you
Give it all
Give it all to you
Yeah, Everything
Yeah, everything
Yeah, everything
Everything, everything
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Give it all
Give it all to you
Give it all
Give it all to you
You have my heart
You have my mind
You have my trust
You have my life

It's like I felt the holy spirit cover me. You know when you just feel like something just intervened in your life. That's how I'm feeling right now.

"Janet I'm kinda hungry. Let's go get food." I suggested.

Janet agreed and we made our way over to the food section in the mall. I got a burrito wrap and a slushie, while Janet got a burger and some fries with a large coke. We ate and filled our stomach before making our way back into mall getting other stuff. We were having fun, talking and walking around the mall. The power went out and came back on. But sumn yah suh weird.

"JESSIE DOAH MOVE" a voice with aggression shouted.

Now weh him mean doah move. Me issa bloodclaat Jamaican mhi never run from dog fhi ntn when mhi likkle. Yes goods Tek up yuh foot inna yuh hand and run. I grabbed a hold of Janet and we started running.

"Jessie weh we is run for" Janet said panic stricken.

Yuh know e better Janet stick to standard English though. Cause whi inna danger and this girl wah mhi pop up inna dis cause a weh she jhuss seh to mhi. Yuh Nuh hear the lady seh weh we is running for gyallie.Seh mhi hate mhi subconscience she jhuss annoying love gwaan like she a young gyal watch har.

Seeing behind me clear I finally stopped running and started explaining.

"Janet mhi husband nuh dead and him wah kill mhi. Mhi Nuh know wah dhi person weh jhuss bawl out mhi name wah but mhi feel like it have sumn fhi do wid Janoy. If mhi dead anytime soon mhi want yuh fhi plead mhi case cause mhi cyah guh run fhi ever sooner or later mah fhi guh fight."I said in one breath.

Now making our way out the mall we stepped into our Uber.

"So let me get this straight Jessie. Your man isn't dead he's looking for you to kill you because you know why. And you know all of this and haven't said anything to the authorities?" Janet questioned.

"Janet weh yuh doah understand is him have links inna high places. Shit we don't know when he'll strike. He moves silently like a shadow" I told her.

"Well atleast yuh know dat. Should a think bout weh yuh did a do before yuh do it." The Uber driver gave out clicking the locks.

A weh dhi bombopussyrassclaat a gwaan yah suh. And why this man jhuss chat inna patwa. Lawd god. A who this now. The fear in both Janet and I eyes could be easily identified. We ago dead today.

Thinking fast I came up with a solution. There's a needle in my blouse if I was to stick it in his neck in the vein he'd die so that's what I did while he was focused on the road.

Trust mhi being with Janoy teach mhi a few tricks and one was to always think fast. Think a step ahead of your enemy. Wonder if mhi can use Janoy own strategy Tek him down bwoii a god and time inno. Some trust in chariots some trust in horse but weh mhi always remember? The name of the lord. That is it.

The chapter is short and boring I guess but guys there are almost 60 persons reading the book atleast vote on the book so I am encouraged to write more often. The chapter was late that was because I wanted to see if persons would vote. And comment man suh whi can interact. Haven't proofread btw.

Please remember to vote!!!!!