Prince - Wilhelm's POV

I left the coffee shop and approached my black car. One of my guards opened the door for me. I sat down in the back seat.
"Thanks for letting me go into the shop alone, Malin," I placed my cup into a cup holder while strapping my seatbelt around me.
She smiled into the rearview mirror, "Of course, Your Highness, just don't tell The Queen."
I nodded, "You know I wouldn't tell on you for doing things that I actually enjoy," Malin began to pull out of our parking spot.
I placed a wireless earbud into both of my ears, leaning against the window afterwards. I immediately began to think about the barista. I think Simon was his name. He hadn't treated me any differently than anyone else. I don't know why he stuck in my mind.
Malin pulled into the castle's driveway and I was pulled away from my thoughts. My mother stood on the steps, awaiting my arrival. I had just gotten back from a trip to Britain to do a few business offers. I guess she missed me.
"Wille, my sweet boy!" She hugged me the second I reached the steps.
I shivered in her arms, "Hey, Mama."
My mom had never really cared about me. She'd been forced to when my older brother, Erik, died in a car crash. I wasn't just a backup anymore.
She pulled away from me, looking into my eyes, "How was your trip?"
I shrugged. My mom rolled her eyes. She always does that, trying to make me feel bad when I just have a genuine reaction.
We walked into the castle, Malin and a few other bodyguards following behind us. I was greeted by a bunch of our workers asking if I was hungry or needed a drink. I said no to every offer and climbed the stairs up to my room. I pushed open the doors, suddenly feeling the somewhat comforting air. I sighed, falling on top of the neatly made bed. My brain immediately went back to the barista.
"Simon," I whispered to myself.
I rolled off of my bed, heading over to my wardrobe to change into comfortable clothes. I picked at the skin next to my nails as I stared into the closet. I walked in and began to search one of the shelves for some sweatpants. I finally found some hidden under a pair of dress pants and slipped the gray joggers on. I threw an oversized shirt over it, creating a pajama set.
His name was still stuck in my head as I hit my pillow.
Simon, Simon, Simon, Simon.
~
I awoke in my bed the next morning feeling more energetic than the day before. I stood up from my bed after checking my clock that read 8:23. I put a pair of black dress pants on. I then grabbed a white button up, slipping it over my arms and buttoning it. I threw on an orange sweater on top of the shirt. I was ready for the day.
I raced down the steps to find Malin. While doing so, I ran into my father.
"Hey, papa. Have you seen Malin?" I questioned.
He gave me a smile, "Yeah, she's in the kitchen, preparing coffee."
I nodded and headed towards the kitchen area. I quickly met her there, she was pouring herself a cup of coffee just like my father had said.
"Hi, Malin," I smiled as I scooted past her towards the fridge.
She gave me a kind look before turning back to her cup that she now poured milk into. I opened the fridge, grabbing some avocado spread.
"Let me prepare that for you, Crown Prince."
I was spooked by Malin's concern, "Okay, Thank you."
I walked over to the dinner table and pulled out my phone, clicking on the Instagram app icon. The app opened to a post from my best friend, Felice. She was posed with her friends, Stella, Fredricka, and Madison. I liked the photo and added a comment that complimented her outfit.
A lot of people suspected that we were together but I never felt anything more than a friendship with her. She's always been there for me and we've never even considered dating each other even though I know she used to have a crush on me.
I pulled up the search bar and looked up the name Simon. Surprisingly, his account did not pop up on my screen. I guess you need more than a first name. Just then, Malin appeared with my avocado toast and scrambled eggs.
"Thanks, Malin!" I took a sip on my water that had been set on the table along with my plate.
She smiled at me and walked back to work on her own breakfast. I went back to my phone, slowly picking at my food.
I guess I'll have to find out his last name.