Chapter I: The Emerald Blade and the Cloaked Savior

The Munificent cruiser loomed overhead, a metallic leviathan bristling with turbolasers. In massed formations, these Separatist warships were fleet killers. Alone, however, they were vulnerable targets. Jedi Knight Krieger, his emerald lightsaber, a beacon in the dimly lit corridor, and Xon, the Republic's shadow warrior, navigated the humming arteries of the vessel.

Droid patrols clattered past, their metallic forms oblivious to the two figures flitting between shadows. Munificent frigates, Xon knew, boasted impressive firepower but harboured a critical structural weakness. A well-placed detonation could split the ship in two.

Krieger, a veteran of the Clone Wars, bore the weight of countless battles. Now, he led the Republic's forces in the desperate fight for Makeb. Xon, a brilliant scientist drafted for his unconventional weapons expertise, was his unlikely counterpart. Xon's cloaking suit, a testament to his ingenuity, rendered him invisible. His arsenal included a cryogun capable of flash-freezing enemies and a tesla cannon that rained down disruptive energy.

As they neared their objective, a knot of unease tightened in Krieger's gut. He raised a hand, halting their silent advance. "I sense a trap," he murmured, his voice a low rumble.

"What now, General?" Xon inquired, his voice muffled by the suit's internal filters.

A slow smile spread across Krieger's face. "We spring it," he declared, his emerald blade snapping to life.

A B1 battle droid rounded a corner, its mechanical gaze locking onto Krieger. "Halt, drop your weapon!" it shrieked, its blaster firing a volley of red bolts. Krieger, a whirlwind of emerald light, deflected the shots effortlessly, his blade carving through the flimsy droid chassis.

Unseen by the remaining droids, Xon materialised behind them, a silent spectre. With practised efficiency, he planted thermal charges on key points. The final droid crumpled to the floor, and Xon reappeared beside Krieger. "Barely a nuisance," he said, a hint of disappointment in his voice.

But any reprieve was short-lived. The ominous rumble of approaching destroyer droids echoed through the corridor. "Destroyers!" Krieger yelled, igniting his emerald blade once more. Xon darted behind Krieger for cover, raising his cryogun.

The destroyer droids lumbered into view, their heavy blasters spitting fire. Krieger, eyes narrowed in concentration, deflected the energy with precise lightsaber strokes. Xon, timing his shot perfectly, unleashed a blast of supercooled gas. The destroyer droids' shields shimmered and froze, shattering with a satisfying crack.

Seizing the opportunity, Krieger surged forward, his emerald blade a blur of motion as he cut down the now-vulnerable droids.

"We've overstayed our welcome," Krieger said, his voice grim. "Set the timers, Xon. Let's get to the escape pods before this hunk of junk joins its droid friends."

As the two raced towards the escape pods, a fleet of CIS ships ripped from hyperspace – a menacing vanguard led by the unmistakable silhouette of a Providence-class dreadnought. Admiral Trench had arrived.