My life story Part 3 - Life in London

It was 2009, me and my parents were living in a nice flat of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a small balcony in the area called 'Ilford Hill' which is a town in London. The flat was nice but the spaces of the rooms were very small compared to most houses in London. But it was easier to pay for the rent and bills for my dad. 

My dad worked at a UK company and the office is based in Central London. He worked as a Electrical Maintenance Engineer. 

After my dad became the main breadwinner, he pretty much paid for everything such as he paid for the rent, service charge, monthly bills for water, electricity and of course for food shopping and all other essentials. 

Despite my long-term health condition, we received no benefits from the UK government since my dad's yearly salary did not match the criteria so he was not eligible to receive benefits from the UK government. This meant that my dad had to pay for everything with his own income from his job. 

My mum was also not eligible to receive carer's allowance despite everyone knowing that she takes care of me all the time. 

I only received child benefits but until 2016 and then I received small amount of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in 2017 and then I stopped receiving it after I got a Kidney transplant.  

It was not easy for him sometimes to cope with all the stress and pressure. Despite the challenges of taking the financial responsibility, but he also had a dark side of his personality. 

I know that not all people are perfect and humans are definitely not innocent or perfect but my dad is far from being anything but perfect. 

My dad had high temper and had anger issues which was never acknowledged by others. He had no intentions of revealing his true self to other people except my mum and I know his true personality. 

Sometimes my dad would lose his temper and anger to a point where he would brutally hit my mum and verbally, mentally and physically abuse her as well as manipulated her her whole life. 

Because of this my parents had a toxic relationship but they agreed to just stay together for the sake of taking care of me and my health. 

My parents have been married for almost 30 years now but their marriage was just a poster since their relationship was and still is extremely toxic. 

My parents contacted social workers and my mum even asked for help and support from my doctors including other support services but nobody had the intentions of helping my parents resolve their toxic relationship or even provide guidance on ending the toxic relationship. 

The real nature of people in London was only just a show off and nothing was really done to help and support my parents to live a better life especially for my mum to live a better life without my dad. 

My mum suffered in silence for the last 18 years that's how long we are living in London from 2007 until present moment. 

Every single person we ever contacted in the Redbridge borough of London never supported us or helped us when it comes to resolving the problems of my parents. 

For these reasons, sometimes I think that people in London only care about the money and professionality but not enough to care about family matters. 

...

Anyway the next chapter (Part 4) is all about my mum and how she's been my hero my whole life. The next chapter is very special to me so please read carefully and hope you like it.