"Them and us" column returning next week!

Light fingers carve through his blue strands soothingly as the wheels softly hiss against the smooth asphalt. Hongjoong sighs, enjoying the wind blowing in his face and messing up his hairstyle.

"Didn't your parents teach you not to lean your head out of the window?"

The male chuckles.

"They said they don't mind when my grandmother drives."

"I'm not driving that slow." the other grumbles.

"And put your seat belt on."

"You're not driving that fast for me to fly through the front window." he replies.

"My foot is itching to press the stop pedal, you know."

"Eh, nowadays it's easy to get a head sewn back."

Yeosang rolls his eyes, glancing at the two snoring males in the backseat before his gaze returns to the empty road ahead.

"I told all of you that we will depart early, why did you still go to sleep so late?"

"Because we're on vacation, Yeosang, in one word that means fuck you and your rules."

"Right and now all three of you look fucked up more than I do."

Hongjoong shrugs since that much could be true. A yawn leaves him.

"We're nearly there." the brunet says after a while.

"I believe those are the exact same words I heard three hours ago."

Furrowing his eyebrows, the male shakes his head.
"That's not possible since Mingi asked that when we drove out of the hotel's parking lot and it's a three hour drive to the cave."

"Ah, darn, you and your golden memory!" the blue head curses unenthusiastically. "I have never understood the usefulness of your power. It just makes you sound more like a pedant. Oh, wait, you are one."

Yeosang snorts. "It's useful! I won't forget your birthdays, flight times, data for my research."

"Yeah but I can't imagine remembering one message for the rest of my life just because I accidentally looked at the time I sent it." Hongjoong says.

"Believe me, when you tell me how punctual you are, it's very useful remembering how four years ago, on nineteenth of june at two minutes past five in the evening you sent a message about being late to our meeting even if we all were waiting for thirty four minutes already."

The male groans, watching the passing landscape and choosing not to comment.

Yeosang shakes his head, changing gears to slow the car down a bit as he had to make it in the next curve.

The scenery is peaceful around them as the vehicle passes the fields with very few houses scattered higher on the hills. They aren't high yet keep growing in size the further one's eye takes them. Fog coats the higher grounds far away while grey clouds press down from above.

Still, Hongjoong enjoys the wild wind in his hair. It wakes him up.

With the car making a left turn, he bids the ocean farewell as Yeosang steers them deeper into the mainland.

"A bit up this hill and we're there."

The older man hums in acknowledgement.

"Should I wake them up?"

"Let me do the honours."

With one flick of fingers the male turns on the radio and with Hongjoong's assistance the music raises in volume quickly.