Chapter 15

Jeongguk was driving early in the morning to Seokjin's new rented studio to bring a change of clothes and other necessities for him. Seokjin had told him not to inform their parents, so he instructed Seokjin's bodyguard to stay with him and left for the studio. Seokjin's surgery was scheduled for 9:30 a.m.

Jeongguk reached the apartment with the address Hoseok sent and went up to the 14th floor. He opened the door with the code and stepped inside the small studio apartment.

The sight that greeted him was a mix of disarray and minimalism. There was only one chair, with monitors set up on the kitchen counter. A multitude of discarded ramen cups, energy drinks, and coffee cups littered the space. A mattress was laid out on the living room floor, with a video game console set up nearby.

Jeongguk shook his head in disbelief. "I knew he had to be living on cup food... What the hell has he been doing for two months?" he muttered to himself. He couldn't understand why Seokjin would choose to live in such a manner.

"Who the hell lives like this? Can't he at least get a furnished apartment? He rented a security housing studio?"

He sighed, remembering Seokjin's reassuring words, "'Don't worry Jeongguk, I will take care of myself.' Like hell he did. Brat,Who would not get sick living like this. I told him multiple times not to consume a lot of instant food." Jeongguk muttered to himself, frustration lacing his tone.

Jeongguk moved around the studio, gathering some of Seokjin's clothes and essentials. The closet was a mess, with clothes haphazardly thrown in. He emptied the closet and started arranging everything orderly. Then he took a shoulder bag and packed clothes specifically for the hospital. As he moved through the studio, he couldn't help but feel a pang of worry for Seokjin. It was clear that Seokjin had been struggling.

Determined to make the place somewhat livable, Jeongguk cleaned the apartment as much as he could. He took out the trash, cleaned the kitchen, and organized Seokjin's kitchen counter desk.While cleaning up the mess on the counter desk, he found a Polaroid photo of them from their trip to the Maldives under the keyboard. They were at a shopping street, both of them smiling widely, carefree and happy with cotton candy in their hands.

Jeongguk stared at the photo for a moment, memories flooding back. Seokjin had taken that photo with the instant camera he had bought that day and had written,

First Selca: No death threats, just cotton candy.”

Jeongguk let out a smile reading the caption. The Maldives trip had been fun, even though it was a mix of arguments and emotions, but it was fun. Jeongguk really had a good time. Seeing the photo now, hidden under a keyboard in this cluttered apartment, brought a lump to his throat. He carefully placed the photo in his pocket, deciding to bring it with him.

Jeongguk finished up the cleaning and looked around the now somewhat tidier apartment. It wasn't perfect, but it was better. He hoped it would be a small comfort for Seokjin when he returned. Even though a small part of his heart hoped Seokjin would come back home with him, he knew he couldn't make that decision for him. It was Seokjin’s choice. If Seokjin decided to stay here, Jeongguk mentally noted that he should furnish the apartment, which Seokjin would likely object to. At the very least, he should get a desk and a comfortable chair for Seokjin to work.

Jeongguk refreshed himself in Seokjin's apartment and changed into one of Seokjin's sweatshirts and joggers he found that weren't too wrinkled. With the shoulder bag in hand, Jeongguk left the apartment, locking the door behind him. The morning air was crisp. As he drove back to the hospital, his mind was filled with thoughts of Seokjin. The frustration he felt was mixed with a deep concern.