Chapter Seven

Aliya

"i have one rule, don't touch my things. You might get hurt!" I wanted to look at him in disbelief, but my eyes remained strained on the paper he gave me.

"What type? You a serial killer secretly?" But I couldn't stop my mouth from making a comment. Even without raising my head, I could feel his heated glare.

"Worse. I need your attention here."

"You gave me the paper." I felt the chair being turned, and he looked down at me, gripping the chair. "Drop the attitude," he whispered threateningly. "I am just being me! I can't change for you, Adam." He just stared at me. I looked around instead of focusing on him for two reasons: to avoid getting impressed by his eyes and because I wanted to annoy him.

"Where was all this?"

"I am just being myself, Adam," I said, stressing his name. He stood straight. "Don't call my name like that."

"Why?" Now he looks like he wants to grip his hair, if he has any. I wonder how he will look if he lets his hair grow; even with the buzz cut, it looks soft.

"God help me. Shut up and listen." I grinned and decided to listen to him.

"When my family comes over, we have to show them we are happy together."

"I don't lie."

"Aliya, one more interruption, I am locking you in this house for a week." I sat straight, "You can't do that; I just started my job." His smirk dropped as it just came, "What job?"

"I got a job in a cafe at Central."

"You will have to quit it." This time it is my turn to frown. "What do you mean, quit? I can't do that just because I married you."

"Exactly why you have to do that, You married me."

"Aliya, I am one of the youngest CEOs at the top of their game; what would people think if they saw my wife working as waiter?" Instead of me being angry and look for a reply, I focused on the way he said,'my wife'

How I wish it was real!

"Service clerk"

"What?" He furrowed his brows tilting his head, "that's who I work as not as a waiter" he straight up ignored me and walked to his desk.

"Then, if I can't work, how'm I supposed to cope?"

"Doing other things, if you check the contract, you will have weekly allowances, and you can always ask me for anything, and as for your school, I will process it too." I nodded and went back to laying on the chair. I don't need to argue with him on that because I need that school or else how will I pay back?

"Also do not reveal any personal things of yours to any of my family members, they'd push to know anything about you"

"Because I brought you and it is the first time I have done something like that?" I furrowed my brows, something like this? A poor Arab girl or a girl in general?

"Something like what exactly?" I asked with a bit of sadness in me, waiting to be hit again by this man.

"Showing interest in someone that they know" I didnt know my shoulders were tensed until I let go. And now I couldn't help but become curious, "So you have never been interested when they don't know?"

"That is not any of your business, we are not meant be involved with each other's per-"

"Chill out man, I just don't want to be attacked by a crazy ex" he sighed and shook his head.