four

AUGUST 10TH, 2024

Andrew drove a 2003 Gray Honda Civic. It looked pretty dirty from the outside with a dent in the bumper and chipped paint. I got in the passenger seat and strapped up. Andrew didn't put one on, which worried me for him. Before he could reverse his car, something hit against it with force. We both whipped our heads around to see who it was who hit his driver side door. Muffled yelling from a girl that sounded like Nikki. Great, here we go.

"No, if you wanna be with that slut then go ahead, Jeremy, I don't care." Nikki yelled.

"I didn't do anything with her." Jeremy who was tall, with medium blonde hair, and mean looking yelled back,"You must be on your shit again."

"I saw the messages! She literally blew you in a Hobby Lobby parking lot! She told me that shit, Jeremy!" She was now crying.

"Come back when you actually want to talk and ya know, not be a complete bitch, because I didn't do that shit." Jeremy spat back at her turning around.

I was hoping he would just leave, not get involved. Nikki, in my opinion, was just an unpleasant person with no respect. I couldn't say that out loud, of course, but I could think how I wanted about her. He rolled down his window and signaled to her, "Nikki, get in the back." He orders, she can barely stand up straight.

"I'm not doing anything for you, Jeremy!" She yells at Andrew. Andrew gets out, staying so calm as he opens the door and guides her in. He straps her in himself, gets in the front, and locks the car door, "Jeremy, let me out!" She tried getting out of the belt, but couldn't she just fumbled the buckle. I stayed as quiet and possible and as still as I could. I wanted to get out, just wait on my dad to pick me up or text him to come and get me. It was too late for that as Andrew reversed his car to leave.

"Nikki, calm down. It's just me, Andrew. Jeremy isn't here." Andrew begins driving down the road, I just stay in silence as we go the opposite way to my house. He was probably dropping her off first. I wasn't going to protest the matter.

"I don't understand why...why he can't just love me, ya know? Like I'm loveabls right? I'm a good person." Nikki crys, drunkly, "Why he has to be such a jerk all of the time?"

"Nikki, you can do so much better than Jeremy Fint. Do you really want your name to be Nikki Fint? I wouldn't want that for myself." Andrew explains, which causes Nikki to chuckle through her alcohol-induced tears. He was trying to lighten the mood a little, but he could tell it wasn't working to well.

"I'm so done with him. I hate him more than anything. Which fucking sucks, because I also love him more than anything." Nikki slurs her words, which doesn't help from her meltdown.

"Nikki, listen to yourself. The dude just threw you against my car. He's hit you so many times before. Cheated on you, what, six times now? You don't deserve that." Andrew doesn't raise his voice telling her that. He's still speaking softly to her like any louder, and she'd freak out. She goes silent and we reach her house after another minute. He helps her in, going in with her for a moment, probably to get her to bed. He comes back out about five minutes later.

"Sorry, I know Nikki can be a bitch, but she's still my friend. Every time she says she's done with him, she's not. She just goes back to him. Not much I can do. Or anybody can do." He shrugs and sighs, driving down the road now, "What's your address?" He gave me his phone, and I typed 12 Ridgeway CT in his GPS. When we reach my home, he pulls into the driveway. Someone goes by on a dirt bike, going right to Tammy's house. I could only think it was Brandon coming home.

"Is that..." Andrew says, looking in the side mirror, he smirks. He gets out of the car before I could, "Aye yo, Lovebird Brandon!" Brandon looks across the street at him. I get out of the car, "Love that guy. He's a real hoot." Andrew tells me.