Chapter 4: 2nd Day

Aether awoke with a groan, disturbed by the insistent ringing of his alarm clock. Exhaling heavily, he lay in bed and gazed up at the ceiling of his room, feeling the weight of the morning settle over him.

'So I'll get more than 100 girlfriends, huh? I'll have to start thinking about every possible way to make my future relationship work with them. Besides, I can't just say, "I'll have to date all of you because a goddess told me that all of you would die if I don't." that'll make me look insane, delusional, and stupid.'

Aether sat up from his bed, his mind still trying to comprehend his situation. 'Weird, the nightmare that I had every day suddenly disappeared when I talked with her...'

Aether stood from his bed, he stretched his limbs as he yawned. "Hm?" Aether noticed a letter that sat on top of his drawer.

Aether reached out and grabbed the letter before reading it.

[Hello again, Aether! I wrote this just to remind you that the conversation we had last night wasn't a dream. Now, good luck and steal all of those girls' hearts, lover boy! ;)

"Well, I guess this confirms it..."

Aether muttered to himself, unable to believe the fact that he was going to be in a relationship with over 100 girls and have to give them all attention to prevent them from dying. What made it even more unbelievable was the fact that a goddess was the one who had brought him into this situation, a literal g-o-d-d-e-s-s. How could a being as powerful as a goddess be so incompetent?

(Somewhere)

"Kwek!" Rena let out a sudden pained noise. She was just peacefully strolling above the clouds when she felt something that stung her heart. 'Who's talking bad about me again?!' She thought. Was it one of the gods talking bad about her again? She will never know.

(Back to Aether)

Ps: I asked another god to stop that nightmare of yours from coming back again.]

A small smile formed on Aether's lips as he read the goddess' last remarks. "Well, I guess she isn't so bad."

A certain goddess felt her heart skip a beat for a second.

In the early hours of the morning, Aether checked the time on his clock. Deciding to kickstart his day with some physical activity, he embarked on a routine of 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, and a 10-kilometer run.

After his exercises, Aether prepared breakfast, took a bath, and waited for his sisters to finish before heading to school.

(Skip)

Aether rested his head on top of his desk, even after doing those exercises and taking a cold shower, Aether could still feel his drowsiness since he slept for only 3 hours.

A pair of hands suddenly covered his face, blocking his view. Before a teasing voice entered his ear. "Guess who~."

'What's this? Some kind of game perhaps? Well, this does seem familiar to that one... Anime is it called? Yes, that one anime that Lumine watched. I recall this is what close friends do as Lumine said. Well, the voice is obviously that of Hu Tao's. She didn't even try hiding her real voice.

"Is that you, Hu Tao?" Aether asked, before the pair of hands let go of his face allowing him to see again.

Stood behind his chair was Hu Tao, her hands were resting on her hips while she flashed a grin towards him. "How'd you know?" She asked.