Chapter 1: The Start Of School

"You're a strong kid, so use that power to protect other people..."

"Ae, live a normal life for me, alright?"

"This world truly is full of mystery."

"Guess this is it, blondie."

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

"Wait!" Aether jolted up awake from his nightmare, his breaths come in a ragged grasp. Sweats pour on his forehead as he tried to shake off the remnants of the repeating nightmare he experience almost everyday.

He moved his hand towards his head in order to wipe off the sweats that continues to pour down his head. Aether sighed deeply. "That nightmare again..." He muttered under his breath.

Aether stood up from his bed, before walking towards the closed curtain that covered his window. He opened the curtain, causing the sun's ray to blind his eyes for a few moments.

"What time is it?" Walking over towards the desk near his bed, he looked at the clock that showed the time.

"Well, it's still pretty early, I guess I'll just prepare breakfast then."

Aether exited his room as he planned to go to the kitchen, but before that, he headed straight to the bathroom where he washed his face.

----------
----------

Aether POV

It's been a couple of months already since I left that place, it was hard to escape from them at first but I was able to manage. I managed to delete all of my documents in that organization and my traces so they can't follow me, for the time being atleast.

During those months that I was free from them, I was able to find my sister who I have been separated from ever since He adopted me. It was hard but after hacking and looking at her documents, I was able to reunite with her and her adoptive sister.

I just hope that they won't be put in danger because of my selfish desires. Well, I'll just have to protect them if they ever find me. But still, I feel great since I'll finally be able to live a "normal" life again, like he wished for me.

"Aether?"

----------
----------

No One's POV

Aether turned around to look at the one who called his name. His eyes landed on a young girl between the age of nine and ten. She has messy, short, white hair, a dark purple eyes that somehow reminds him of the outer space in someway and light skin. Weirdly enough, she talks in third person.

"Good morning Paimon, why don't you wake Lumine up while I prepare breakfast?" Aether greeted his foster sister with a smile.

"Okay!" Paimon nodded her head enthusiasticaly, since hearing the term "breakfast" already filled her with energy. And since it is made by Aether, she knows for a fact that it would be delicious.

Paimon ran up the stairs, before heading towards a door with a name plate that reads [Lumine]. Paimon opened the door which was surprisingly not locked, she thought she would need to use a lock pick again.

Paimon walked up to Lumine's bed, where she saw her fully asleep while her right hand was touching her phone. "Looks like she stayed up all night again." Paimon said.

'How should Paimon wake her up?' Paimon thought. She of course could use the normal way to wake up someone, but the only problem was Lumine was a heavy sleeper, especially if she stayed up all night. A wicked grin then formed on Paimon's face as the perfect way to wake someone up entered her mind.
....................