4.

Back in the library, I was using a notebook to jot down everything I thought was important.

I finished writing in about an hour. There wasn't much in it. Paige was also reading some books alongside me. Zara read a few books but quickly got bored and went off to do something 'interesting' that might help us later.

We had given Felix a list of items to fetch, as we might need them for a trip to Vamfield. As for Ren, we didn't know where he was.

"I'll go get more books," I said to Paige, who responded with a hum. I started looking for books and noticed one that stood out. I tried to reach it but couldn't, so I grabbed a chair, stood on it, and retrieved the book.

As I safely descended from the chair, Ren appeared in front of me. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied, holding something up in front of my face. "Found this necklace." It had a red stone in the center, with gold metal wings surrounding it.

I sat back at the table, completely ignoring the necklace, and returned to my reading. After a few pages, I found my name and my picture, along with Zara's and two other people in royal dresses.

I noticed the necklace in the book too. I tapped Ren on the shoulder and showed him my discovery, along with Paige. "I guess this belongs to me," I said, taking the necklace from his hand.

The book identified us as the "Princesses of Riverfield." Zara and I? On the next page, there was information about the seven knights, but there was no mention of Felix, Paige, or Ren.

There was no Dardan either, but there was a prince from another kingdom named Zyran, who looked exactly like Dardan.

"What is going on?" Paige said, her frustration evident. "Nothing is going according to the webtoon story. How are we supposed to get out?!"

We decided to take a break. Thinking nothing about our current situation. We part ways.

Ni-ki appeared in front of me. "Did you find something?" he asked.

"Yeah. You and the rest of ENHYPEN were knights in the past."

"Thanks for the valuable information," he said sarcastically.

"Anything else?" he asked.

"Me and Zara were princesses, but that's about it."

"What about this necklace?" he pointed out.

"It's mine from the past," I replied.

"I saw Heesung wear this in some MV."

I quickly took off the necklace and shoved it into my pocket.

"Why did you take it off?" Ni-ki asked.

I shrugged, feeling uneasy after realizing that Heesung had worn it in a music video.

"Okay, princess, what will you do next?"

"I don't know, my knight. Perhaps you can enlighten me."

"Let's go to Vamfield," Jake said, suddenly appearing. "We can find answers there," he continued.

"But isn't Marge supposed to come to Vamfield? We haven't seen any of the werewolves either," I questioned.

"Are you going to wait for everyone to arrive?" he asked.

"No," I answered.

"Let's tell the others and try to leave tonight," he said, before leaving with Ni-ki.

I went back into the library to get the book. Later, everyone agreed to leave the academy that night.

We were packing. Felix and I were packing extra weapons. Unlike the others, we don't have powers. We're just humans, so we need to be extra careful.

We gathered near the dumpster area. Not many people come here, making it easy for us to sneak out. "How are we supposed to climb this wall?" Paige asked, looking at the huge barrier.

Felix disappeared into the dark and came back with a ladder. "This," he said, placing it against the wall. We slowly and carefully climbed out. Ren, who was last, pushed the ladder away.

We did this because they wouldn't let us go home in the middle of the year.

Vamfield was far away. We had to change trains and walk through a forest full of wolves. It took us a day to get there.

When we finally arrived, the place seemed deserted.

"Vampires," Jungwon noted.

"How about Felix and Aeri get the book and search for Marge while we fight them off?" Zara suggested.

Everyone agreed to the plan.

Sunghoon, Paige, Jay, and Ren went in first. Then Felix and I, along with Sunoo, Ni-ki, and Jake, followed. Heesung, Zara, and Jungwon brought up the rear.

Felix and I were always accompanied by Sunoo, Ni-ki, and Jake. While they fought the vampires, we searched for the Blood Altar book, knowing it held the real answers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a book in a vampire's hand. It was red with a gold design.

"Felix, the book is in that vampire's hand," I whispered. He looked where I was pointing, and the others noticed as well. They immediately focused their efforts on that vampire. Heesung was the one who finally caught him, grabbing him by the neck. He snatched the book from the vampire's hand and tossed it to us.

"Where is Marge?" Heesung demanded. The vampire remained silent, so Sunoo stepped forward, asking the same question with an innocent smile and glowing red eyes.

"With Zyran at the alta..." the vampire began but died before he could finish.

"I didn't kill him," Heesung said, looking bewildered.

"Where's Zara?" I asked urgently.

"She was..." Jungwon started, then his eyes widened in realization. We looked outside to see Zara's unconscious body being taken away. We tried to pursue her, but the vampires vanished into thin air.