1.

I awoke in a vintage room, my surroundings unfamiliar and disorienting. "Oh, you're awake, princess," a lady remarked, drawing my attention. Suddenly, the room was filled with a flurry of young women, their presence adding to my confusion as they moved around, adjusting curtains and tidying up.

One of the women approached me with a gentle smile. "You must be hungry. Let me get you something to eat," she offered.

"Where am I?" I asked, still trying to make sense of the situation.

"You're in your room," she replied, her tone soothing. "We're here to ensure your comfort and safety."

As she spoke, another young woman entered the room, carrying a tray of food. "I apologize for the confusion earlier," she said. "We weren't expecting you to wake up so soon."

I attempted to piece together what had happened. "How did I get here?" I inquired.

"You were brought here after a bit of a commotion," she explained, her voice trailing off. "But you're safe now. The others will explain everything to you shortly."

I nodded, still feeling disoriented but reassured by their kindness. As I began to eat, I tried to gather more information about my situation.

One question weighed heavily on my mind. "Where is Zara?" I asked urgently.

"Oh, she's fine. She's just sleeping," the lady reassured me.

"What about Ren, Felix, and Paige?" I continued, eager to learn more.

"Paige is well," she replied, then added, "But I'm not familiar with Ren or Felix."

I dismissed her confusion and asked another question, "And IPEN?"

"Who's IPEN?" she asked, puzzled.

Realizing my mistake, I quickly corrected myself, "I meant to ask about the knights. How are they?"

"They are resting in their quarters," she replied. "You should be grateful that Jake found you and ensured you received proper care."

The mention of Jake made me wonder how he had managed to get me here. Had he carried me? The thought was unsettling, so I pushed it aside, focusing instead on finding out more about everyone's whereabouts.

Carefully, I rose from the bed, feeling the lingering effects of fatigue. "Oh, princess, you really should rest," the lady said, her voice tinged with concern as she noticed my struggle to move.

"What happened to me?" I asked, trying to recall the events that led me here.

"You were unconscious for a while," she explained gently. "But you need to rest now. The upcoming ceremony will be quite demanding."

"What ceremony?" I asked, still trying to grasp the situation.

"It's an important event," she replied. "Our allied kingdom is visiting us. The ceremony will span seven days, with daily festivities leading up to a grand ball on the final evening. It's a time of celebration and strengthening ties with our allies."

The thought of the upcoming week filled me with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. I knew I needed to be at my best for such a significant occasion, but the exhaustion from recent events made it difficult to focus.

"When is the allied kingdom visiting us?" I asked, seeking more clarity.

"In two days, Princess," she replied with a reassuring smile.

I raised an eyebrow, curious about the specifics. "Who leads their kingdom?"

"They have a king," she said, pausing briefly before continuing, "but he is ill, so they are led by a prince. The prince leading the delegation is Prince Zyran."

I absorbed this information, understanding the significance of the visit. "Prince Zyran? What can you tell me about him?"

The lady looked thoughtful for a moment before responding. "Prince Zyran is known for his charisma and leadership. He represents his kingdom with great honor and has a reputation for being both wise and diplomatic. His presence here will be key to strengthening the ties between our kingdoms."

Her explanation underscored the importance of the visit and the role Prince Zyran would play in the upcoming ceremony. I hoped that his visit would proceed smoothly, understanding that much was at stake for both kingdoms.