Chapter 46

A N T O N I O

"Is he taken care of?" I ask whispering to Romeo as he nods, talking to Matteo on the phone.

I had Matteo finish the job getting rid of that Josh boy along with his accomplice, after I had Max safe and sound on my arms I made sure to have a handle on Josh.

I'm not gonna tell Max anything, Josh will just go missing. But of course I'll always have bodyguards for Max now.

Currently we are in the hospital getting Max checked on as I smile seeing her, I'm still mad at myself for letting this happen especially after seeing her bruises but she swears she's fine.

She's so strong, "is she gonna be okay?" Scott asks looking from her to me, I almost forgot he was here.

I nod "yeah she's okay."

He nods and smiles, looking back at her but it makes me frown, I don't like the look he's giving her.

"You should go home, I'll have Leo take you."

He looks back at me, "can I see her first? Just to talk to her for a second?" He looks at me pleading but I shake my head.

"You should get home, you'll see her back at school in a few days."

He looks reluctant but nods, "okay thanks."

I nod and watch as he walks away, I'm not ready for Max to grow up that fast as I come into her room smiling "hey."

"You feeling alright?"

She smiles and nods but looks around, "where is everyone?"

"Don't worry your uncles are just taking Scott home it's getting late."

She sighs and nods, "oh."

I raise my brow, as I look at her and stroke her hair.

"I was just hoping I could tell Scott that I'm okay, I might have scared him when Josh took me."

I sigh, "you should be more worried about your health, you two can see each other at school."

She nods and smiles, hugging me again and I feel so lucky I can keep getting hugs from her.

If it makes her feel more protected then I will keep doing it, I hope she feels a little better I know it's not easy but we'll all be here for her.

"Let's go home, I swear I'm fine," she says and looks at me with those puppy dog eyes that makes me give in.

"Fine, let's get you into your comfy bed."

She smiles more and I feel my heart explode.

"I can't wait to relax in my own bed," she whispers "and go home."

I smile and nod, "I'll get the doctor."

M A X

I smile as I snuggle into my warm bed but look up at everyone just staring at me, "yeah?"

My dad smiles and kisses my forehead, "we just want to stay until you fall asleep."

I sigh and look at all of them, all four big tall guys looking down at me.

"Thats creepy and I'm fine, just tired."

Leo smiles and nods, "see that's what I said but they're stubborn."

My dad smiles rolling his eyes, "we just want you to be comfortable, but we'll go if it makes you feel better."

I smile and nod, "I appreciate how much you all care but I'm good."

He sighs and nods as they all give me a hug or a kiss on the cheek and tell me goodnight, my dad of course is the last one to leave getting dragged out by Leo.

It makes me laugh, seeing how much they all care for me is surreal, I'm not sure how I got so lucky.

I smile as I relax and close my eyes, so happy and grateful I can have this, this bed, this house, this family.

My Dad.