Chapter 6: Explanations

"So why did you push Sid into the pool 2 days ago Pari?" Alia said in a calm voice.

"You just don't understand...He made me mad!"

"Well...I want you to explain yourself because you made a complete fool of yourself in front of everyone at the party." she replied annoyed.

"You see Alia I just don't care! Ugh I don't care about anything anymore...I hate guys."

"I mean I can tell my brother to talk to him if you want..."

"No! I hate him! He makes me feel as if I'm so desperate, when I'm actually sorta not."

Alia then faced me and put her hands on my shoulder and said, "I know how you feel Pari, it feels as if every guy in this world is an idiot but some of them actually aren't. He may be the first guy that has ever approached you in your life, but honey the world isn't going to end. I mean, they are plenty fishy in the sea."

"You're right I'm an independent desi woman and I need no man! I can live a fulfilling life with no romance! I will not and I repeat I will not let those Bollywood movies influence me...but then again I've always wanted to have one of those moments where I ran away from my wedding only to find to love of my life waiting for me outside..."

"Pari, chill...we're only 17 I'm sure there will be plenty of Rajs' to come in our lives..." Alia replied laughing.

Ring Ring
"Helo?"

"Hey Pari?" Someone said in a soft familiar voice.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"It's me...your mama..."

"What, kind of a joke is this? My mama is dead! Who is this?!" I replied upset.

"Who said I was dead my love?"

"Stop who is this?!"

"It's me your mama! Why don't you understand?!" The woman replied upset.

"Prove it!" I yelled into the phone almost on the brink of tears.

"Pari I..." I then hung up the phone and threw it on my bed.

Who on earth would play this kind of sick joke on me?! I've never done anything wrong to anyone...wait...Sidharth?! It must be him! Maybe this is his revenge for me pushing him into the pool! I hate him...