Prologue

"Ready or not, here I come!"

             The boy with auburn hair shouted as his eyes shoot open, his mouth stretching into a big grin.

             It was quiet. No sounds were heard except for his own soft breathing and slow heart beats. It's as if he's alone in the house. But of course, he knew he isn't.

             He turned around from the wall, leaning his back on it and looked around the living room searching for any signs of movement.

             When he's sure that no one is around, he proceeds to another room. Taking slow and soft steps, avoiding from making any type of noise.

             As he is about to pass the staircase leading to the second floor, he heard shuffling of feet from above. Yes, that's how quiet the house is.

             "Go, go, go!", someone whispered loudly, trying to be quiet as possible. Then, there were sounds of footsteps and a creak before everything became quiet again.

             A smirk forming on the boy's face. Changing his destination, the boy then quietly tiptoed up the stairs. When he reached to the second floor, someone downstairs giggled.

             He quickly turned around to find no one there. Creepy. 'Must have been Kate.', the boy thought. Katelyn is good at hiding. She always had good hiding spots and moves around when the seeker is distracted. So, he planned to go for his brother first, the look for Owen next. 

             The boy with auburn hair turned around to face the hall again. He then noticed that every room has it's door shut close except for one and headed there.

            He tiptoed again all the way to that room and found himself in a small room, facing a wooden table with a table lamp on it. There are papers scattered around on the floor.

             He scroutched down to take a closer look at the papers, wondering why were they on the floor. He picks up the papers one by one and neatly placed them on the wooden desk.

             Then, something caught his attention. It's a photo of a black creature. The creature has red eyes and it looked like it was glowing? The boy rubbed his eyes and looked at it again. Still glowing. Maybe it was caused by the camera's flash.

             The boy continued to stare at it when someone slowly crept up on him from behind and grabbed his shoulder.

             "Nate!", a dark haired boy shouted, surprising him. The boy with auburn hair screamed. He screamed like a little girl. 

             The auburn haired boy or so he's called as Nate turned around to face Owen, the boy with dark hair grinning back at Nate's flustered face.

             "Owen! Aren't you suppose to be hiding?" Nate scolded.

             "You were taking too long and I was getting really sweaty hiding in there.", Owen said, careful not to reveal his hiding spot. Nate pouted.

            "One day! I'll find your hiding spot!" Nate declared. Owen scoffed and rolled his eyes.

            "Sure, kid." Owen replied.

            Then, Kate entered the room giggling. Her blonde hair is tied into a ponytail with a blue with white polka dots ribbon. She wore a light blue dress that matched her big blue eyes.

           "You're never finding them!" she said to Nate and pointed to the small gap at the bottom of the wooden desk. "You suck at this game, you didn't even see Noah hiding under that table." she continued. 

           Noah slowly crawled out of the desk and stood up smiling. He gave a thumbs up at Kate and stick his tongue out at Nate.

           "At least I'm good at hiding!" Nate said proudly. The other three just rolled their eyes at him.

           "Dream on." Noah said, making his brother pout. 

           "Anyway, what's that?" Kate asked, pointing at Nate's hand. Nate looked down at his hand and showed the photo to them. Kate shrieked in fear and hid behind Noah. Owen frowned and snatched the photo from Nate.

           "It's a wolf." Owen said. Noah scooted closer to Owen to take a closer look.

           "Woah, that's a scary one." Noah commented. "Did your dad take that photo?" he asked.

           "I don't know." Owen replied, suddenly looking scared.

           Then, they heard someone unlocking the front door and rustling noises of plastic bags. The four of them instantly knew that those are their parents back home from the grocery store.

           "Kids!" Kate's mom called. Kate's head snapped up and she was gone in a second, running down the stairs to her mom. Nate and Noah's mom laughed.

           "How cute!" She commented.

           Owen placed the photo back on his father's desk and smiled at both Nate and Noah.

           "Come on, lets go." Owen said to the both of them and walked out.

           Noah and Nate turned to face each other. They both had a chesire cat smile on their face.

           "Race you down!" one said. 

           As always, Nate was the first to reach his mother and is already hugging her. His mother ruffled his hair and laughed again.