Chapter 1: An Awkward Reunion

Nate's P.O.V

4 years later

              Ever since that day, that black creature has been haunting me in my dreams. I have no idea why I still refer it as the black creature when Owen has clearly said that it's a wolf. But, doesn't it sound more mysterious? The black creature.

              Anyway.

              Yes, that black creature or so you simply know it as a wolf has been haunting me in my dreams. 

              It doesn't do much though. I'm not kidding. It literally just sits there on the snow covered ground staring at me with those pair of glowing red eyes it has.

             Also, it behaves like a pup. Well, in my dreams it does. Sometimes, it'll be rolling around the snow and jumping around like a freaking rabbit. Funny for a wolf. It's cute though.

             You might think I'm annoyed or stressed out for having these dreams. But, nah. I'm not. I'm perfectly okay with it and I enjoy the company of this fluffy little- no, big wolf. It's better than having blank dreams. I swear those dreams are scary. It feels like you're temporary dead. 

             Here I am, laying on a pile of snow with only my shirt and briefs on. It's a dream, so I guess I can't feel the coldness here.

             I heard a whine and tilted my head to see the black creature sitting there, it's tail wagging.

             I sat up and looked around. I'm still in the same place where I usually dream I would be. An empty snowy area surrounded by trees. I've assumed that I'm somewhere in the middle of the woods.

             I turned my gaze back at the black creature. It stared at me like it often does. I should be afraid, but I'm not. It never attacks me nor every tried to chase me. Is it afraid? No, I don't think so.

             Then, I heard someone calling my name. Their voice echoing in my head. Huh, someone's trying to wake me up. The black creature's ears shot up and stood up on it's four legs. He heard it too. I smiled at the wolf and waved goodbye. See you later, my friend.

             "Nate! Wake up!" An unfamiliar yet recognizable voice called.

             My eyes shoot open to see an older dark haired boy on top of me. My eyes widened in shock. He was too close.

             "Morning, sleeping beauty." Owen said. "You look cute when you sleep." He commented. I quickly shoved him away. He stumbled and fell. A thud was heard when he landed on his butt. He groaned in pain and I just laughed at him.

             "I should've known you were Maleficent." Owen said. I rolled my eyes.

             "Bruh, she's beautiful and I'm handsome. Big difference." I said and he scoffed.

             "Well, nice to know you're still the Nate I know."

             "Nice to know you're the same asshole I know too." I shot back at him.

             He threw his hands up in exasperation and muttered. "Whatever."

             I jumped out of bed and started folding my blanket while Owen slowly got up from the floor with his hands on his butt. I couldn't help but laughed. He glared at me.

             "Not funny."

             "It is to me." I replied. "It's your fault for giving me a mini heart attack, what were you doing anyways?"

             "Watching you sleep." Owen said. I raised an eyebrow.

             "Why?"

             "I like watching you sleep." He replied plainly. I don't know how to react to that but I started to feel my cheeks heat up. 

             Why would he like watching me sleep? Weird. I finished making my bed.

             "What were you dreaming about anyways? You were smiling." He suddenly asked.

             "Girls." I hesitated and lied. Of course I'm not telling him about my wolf friend.

             "Girls?" He asked, sounding surprised.

             "Yes, girls - you know those sexy girls in bikinis? Yeah, those - that doesn't matter. What happened to your voice? Did you get a sore throat?" I asked, trying to change the topic since it was getting awkward. I never talk about girls.

             "Isn't it obvious? Puberty finally hit." He replied.

             "Oh." That explains his height and face.

             "Yeah, OH. Do I sound sexier now?" Owen asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

             "Yes." I replied instantly, without thinking.

             His eyes widened in surprised like as if he didn't expect any reply at all. I mentally cursed at myself. He stared at me and I stared back with my cheeks heating up. I think I look like a human tomato by now.

             "A-anyway, get ready. We're leaving soon. I'll go wake up your brother." He said, breaking the silence.

             "Yeah." I replied awkwardly and grabbed my towel. "Oh yea- uhm, its good to see you again Owen."

             He flinched and forced a smile. "It's good to see you too, Nate." He said before heading out of my room to my brother's. That was the first time I've seen him in two years and I have no freaking idea what just happened.

- - -

A/N: Well, here's the first chapter. Do you like it? I actually planned to post the first chapter next week, but people asked and I just had to. So, yeah- vote and leave a comment if you want more! Also, please follow me. :^)