Chapter: 9

Ava sat in the living room waiting for Bella; they were supposed to go together to the graduation but things changed when she smelled Edward at the door.

She opened it before he could knock crossing her arms as she leaned on the doorframe.

"Ava." He says with a small smile.

They hadn't seen each other since she tried to fight him so he was worried she would start up trouble again.

"You her ride?" She asks.

"Yeah, we have to be there early to get lined up." He says.

"Right." She says before gabbing her bag and heading out the door.

"I can give you a ride to." He says as she walks passed him.

"No, I'm good." She says walking down the street.

Edward sighs, she was calmer than before so that was a good sign at least.

Ava makes it about 15 minutes into her walk when Paul pulls up next to her in his truck.

He hops out of the truck and opens the door for her with a smile.

"Your chariot madam." He says with a bow.

"Thank you, good sir." She says with a smile as she climbs in.

"What happened, I thought your sister was taking you?" He says.

"She got a ride, how did you know I was walking anyway?" She asks as she turns her body to face him more.

"Uh, Sam told me." He says.

They hadn't talked about Sam since the incident so bringing him up now was risky but he was determined to fix their relationship. It was the least he could do after lying to her.

"He watching me now?" She asks, her voice indifferent.

"He just cares about you." He says.

Ava doesn't reply so Paul reaches over and grabs her hand before bringing it up to her mouth, planting a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"You ever gonna sit and talk with him?" He asks softly.

"I should." She says.

"Whenever you are ready let me know okay?" He says rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

---------------------------------

Ava sits in her seat as she listens to Jessica's speech. She had helped her with it but it turned out better than she imagined.

"Ava Swan." Ava stands as her name is called and she walks the stage.

In the audience she could hear Paul, Embry, Sam, Emily and Charlie yelling and clapping in the crowed.

"Way to go baby!" Yells Paul.

Ava smiles as she shakes the principles hand and receives her diploma.

Sam knew he was the last person Ava would want to see but he wouldn't miss his little sister graduating for anything in the world.

Emily held his hand reassuring him that this was the right thing. Seeing his little sister walk the stage was important, and she wasn't going to let him miss that.

After everything Ava waited by her seat as Paul and the boys ran up to her with big smiles.

"Look at you, all graduated and shit." Says Embry at he throws his arm around her shoulder and ruffling her hair.