Chapter 2: matt sucks at bowling

Nate was riding the bus home when he got a text message, it was from Matt. Nate expected it to be Matt canceling plans but instead Matt had texted him saying he had a bowling game after school and he would be an hour late to their hangout. Nate texted back. "Alright :3" and sent a picture of a little cat.

Matt Reacted with a thumbs up to his message and readied himself for his turn at the bowling alley

Matt Reacted with a thumbs up to his message and readied himself for his turn at the bowling alley. He stretched a bit to loosen his muscles, he confidently approached the lane, only to watch in terror as his ball turned sharply into the gutter. "What? No... Ermmm awkward...!" he muttered nerdishly. Seated patiently, he awaited his next opportunity to redeem himself on the lane. Standing up once more as his turn came again, he prepared himself. His team suggested that he use the bowling slide, but he scoffed at their remarks. With a deliberate and almost sensuous motion, Matt inserted his fingers into the ball's tight finger holes. Although the 6-pound ball felt heavier than expected in his hands, he lifted it determinedly and released it down the lane. To his disappointment, the ball failed to make an impact, leaving the pins still erect. He then looked up at the screen hoping the dumb bowling animations would make him feel better, but it displayed a bowling pin getting demolished by a falling piano.

As the game progressed, each roll seemed to mirror the previous one, ending with Matt achieving no points by the game's close. Reflecting on his performance, he departed the alley with mixtures of frustration and determination to improve his bowling skills for the next game. Matt packed up his stuff to leave, he was heavily disappointed with himself.