CHAPTER 3

Nasa restaurant ako, nakatayo sa likod ng counter at tinitingnan ang menu para sa araw na ito. Ang karaniwang ingay sa kusina ay nakapaligid sa akin—mga kaldero na nagbabanggaan at mga boses na tumatawag ng mga order. I had my earphones in, listening to "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga. The beat and lyrics flowed through me, syncing perfectly with the rhythm of my thoughts.

The words of the song resonated deeply with me. Each line felt like it was speaking directly to my heart, mirroring my own feelings towards Moon and the obsession I harbored for him.

"We are the crowd, we're c-coming out
Got my flash on, it's true, need that picture of you
It's so magical, we'd be so fantastical"

I could picture Moon clearly in my mind, his effortless charm, and his mesmerizing presence. The idea of capturing every moment, every smile, every glance—it was like a compulsion. I needed those pictures, those memories, to feel close to him.

"I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
Papa-paparazzi"

A shiver ran down my spine. The intensity of my feelings was almost overwhelming. Inisip ko ang sarili kong nasa background ng kanyang buhay, palaging nakamasid, palaging naghihintay na mapansin niya ako, na maramdaman niya rin ang nararamdaman ko. I was his biggest fan, after all.

As I glanced at the menu, my mind wandered to the photos I had pinned on the back of my study board. The way his eyes sparkled in the sunlight, the relaxed smile on his lips—I felt a surge of excitement and longing. My obsession wasn't just about admiration; it was a deep, unrelenting desire to be part of his world.

"Promise I'll be kind, but I won't stop until that boy is mine
Baby, you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me
Papa-paparazzi"

The lyrics echoed in my mind, solidifying my determination. I wanted Moon to see me, to understand the depth of my feelings. I knew it was irrational, maybe even unhealthy, but I couldn't help it. He was the center of my universe, the inspiration behind every dream and every story I wanted to tell.

The door to the restaurant swung open, and a group of customers walked in, pulling me back to reality. I took a deep breath, trying to focus on the task at hand. But the song's words lingered, weaving through my thoughts like an unbreakable thread.

"I'll follow you until you love me"

I glanced at the clock. It was time to start the day's work, but my mind was still caught in the web of my feelings for Moon. Sa isang buntong-hininga, itinabi ko ang aking earphones at lumabas para salubungin ang mga customer, pilit na ngumiti.

Despite the busy restaurant around me, my thoughts kept drifting back to Moon. The song had amplified my emotions, and now they felt more vivid and intense than ever. I knew I had to find a way to balance my responsibilities with my desires, but it was a constant struggle.

As I took orders and managed the staff, I kept reminding myself of the goals I had set. To make my parents proud, to excel in the culinary course, and to somehow, someway, bring my dreams of writing and directing to life. And at the heart of it all was Moon, the driving force behind my every thought and action.

"Promise I'll be kind, but I won't stop until that boy is mine"

Ang mga lyrics ay paulit-ulit na tumutugtog sa aking isipan, pinapalakas ang aking determinasyon. Maghahanap ako ng paraan para matupad ang aking mga pangarap, para isama si Moon sa mga kuwento na nais kong ikwento. Panahon na lang ang kailangan.

"Ma'am Andrea, ayos lang po ba kayo?" bahagya akong nagulat nang bigla akong kalabitin ni Ate Ana, isa sa mga tauhan namin rito sa restaurant.

Shit. I was too focused on the song and didn't hear her right away.