So This Is How It Is

Friday, May 27th

Again, nothing special happened today.

It appears as though I am doomed to repeat this endless tedium that is reality over and over until – what? Am I to achieve some predestined goal, some unforeseen ambition?

       Reality is such a curious thing. However I detest reiterating myself so I shan’t recall pre-recorded woeful tales. But I shall say that forthwith, strive toward the so called, ‘greater good’ – if there is such a thing.

       I have been considering something. I daren’t voice my thoughts, for fear of how it will affect my darling. But, between the page and I, my concerns shall be written justly, as they are, with no alterations.

       Should I confront the miserable wretch who so tore the fabric of my reality? Such a fateful day, a frightful memory. To face it is the correct way to end this colossal internal dilemma of mine, but do I dare? Do I, contemptible I have the willpower to overcome this?

       I have learned a great many things since the Great Rip, but have I learned enough? Do I possess the knowledge I require to face this, the greatest contention of the age?

       I must desist this pessimism, disembark this dark train of thought, and focus solely on the light. The morrow, I am sure, shall bring me a new encounter, and I am eager to meet it head on.