『 𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 』

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

March 2005.
Forks, Washington.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

— Since when do vampires play baseball? — asked the human while the vampire adjusted a cap on his head.

— It's the national pastime, and there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the only time we can play. You'll see why. — Edward replied with a grin. — And you'll meet someone else.

Without giving her time to ask what he meant by thunderstorms and who they would meet, she got into Emmet's Jeep along with the vampire.

Soon they reached their destination, a large open field where the Cullen family was gathered in the center.

As they approached, Bella couldn't ignore the fact that there was one more member besides Rosalie, Alice, Esme, Jasper, Carlisle, and Emmet.

The brunette with medium-length hair was beautiful, although her beauty was slightly overshadowed by Rosalie's, but still stunning.

And that beauty was inhuman.

The girl's face was slightly childlike compared to the rest of the Cullen family, so Bella deduced from her limited knowledge of the vampire world that she was quite young when transformed.

However, her height indicated she was taller than Alice and Rosalie. Of course, if Rosalie didn't wear heels.

The girl felt Bella's gaze and turned to look at her, diverting her attention from Alice.

Her golden eyes showed that she followed the Cullen's particular diet of drinking animal blood.

She approached them and greeted Edward before turning her gaze to Bella, as if analyzing her, then quickly looked at Edward with an impressed expression that she quickly erased.

— Hi Bella, I'm Anneliese, maybe Edward hasn't mentioned much about me.

Bella thought Anneliese spoke with anger or indifference due to her neutral tone, but she noticed a slight hint of a joke in her words by the way she looked at Edward.

— Edward told me a bit, but I'm happy to meet you — Bella responded with her usual shyness.

— Likewise, I must go to Rosalie, she's surely upset.

And without another word, she quickly disappeared, reappearing next to the blonde and the burly Emmet.

— Don't be swayed by her reserved personality, Anne is very neutral. I suppose after all these years, her old-fashioned upbringing has remained.