CHAPTER 11: Piercing Strike.

"It's starting to grate at me." Ita said, before gently sipping from the coffee in their hand. "Same. Waiting for all this Acre junk to cross over is getting to me too." Omega replied, leaning on his counter...

"Only thing we can do is hope he comes to pay a visit soon. Then we work from there...I can see Oridei, Hala comes and talks to you- then we go from there. Simple as." He assured, while Ita said nothing...

"I...I guess. Thank you, Omega." Ita said after a minute...walking over to him and gently hugging him. Which Omega returned.

"I need to get going though..." Ita said, pulling back. Getting a small nod from Omega before he let go. "Have a good day." He said as Ita left.

As Ita exited Omega's tower, they were greeted by the warm sun and the decorations scattered around Ryoiki for Blaze Day, a sort of Summer Solstice. Banners and rows of flags hung from buildings. Giving the whole area a pleasant vibe.

Ita took their time walking back to the main Ryoikian temple, humming a tune to themselves while occasionally taking a sip of their coffee.

Upon making it back...Ita saw a figure waiting. What seemed to be a man in some simple clothing...

"Oh- I apologize for being gone for so long. I had-" Ita began as they approached the man...who turned around to a familiar, masked face...it was Acre.

"Things...to..." They trailed off, staring at Acre. "We need to speak." Acre said sternly. "...So we do." Ita replied, grabbing Acre's sleeve and pulling him...before the area around instantly changed into an interrogation room.

Acre looked around in shock. "Never seen that before-" He commented, before Ita threw him towards a chair.

Acre sat down, now slightly intimidated by the seriousness of Ita. Who was still standing, their coffee on the interrogation table, and a file in their hand. "Wait- when did-" Acre asked, but Ita cut him off.

"Acre Yourgand. Owner of Volca's largest shipping company, and a shareholder in many companies...including Severance." Ita said, getting an eyeroll from Acre. "History in the military...red wind as a magic element...no major criminal infractions on any planet..." They finished...before closing the file and putting it down on the table. Allowing Acre to see his name on the file.

"...Can I talk?" Acre asked, staring up at Ita. "About WHAT." Ita asked in response.

Acre groaned. "I. Don't. Want. To. Work. With. Severance." He said plainly. "Aria controls the whole damn company. She's trying to pressure and manipulate me into giving her company resources and men. But I don't agree with her, or what she wants...I want your help to insure I can get her to fuck off without any repercussions." Acre explained, getting a smirk from Ita.

"I already have someone working on the paperwork to sell my stocks, Aria will come to talk to me afterwards. I'm sure. I want to ambush her...but I need a bit more help...and I want your vigilantes off my ass." Acre finished.

"...And how do you know their mine?" Ita asked, raising an eyebrow. "Sakuna gave me a accidental tip off. The two vigilantes are the vessels to Uchu and Jikan...I've seen footage of them fighting. Their powers don't line up with anything else." Acre answered.

...Ita stifled a chuckle, before smiling. Their mood much more cheerful. "I would be happy to assist you! However, I am going to need some information out of you...mainly about Aria, anything you know about her control over Severance and her plans." Ita requested.

Acre sighed but nodded. "Not sure how much help I'll be...but I'll do my damndest." He answered.

Utsu let his legs hang over the side of the skyscraper...taking a small rest from his normal patrol of the city.