VINA || XIX

CHAPTER NINETEEN ❥ TRUST

CHAPTER NINETEEN TRUST

Vina peaks over the stone wall, scanning the phantom infested perimeter. She aimlessly flashes one after the other with a flashlight with her head in her arm. She finds it amusing how they shriek back as if in pain from the beam. The breeze blows through her ponytail and she closes her eyes as she takes it in. She could fall asleep right here if it were possible.

She didn't do terrible for the track meet. She placed third in the 1600 m event and fifth in the high jump. Still a lot of room for growth and it was her first time so she's been trying not to let it get to her. As for the 4x400 relay, their team came in first place. She was the first runner to hand off. In the end, it was all thanks to Quinn being their anchor.

She had a damn good time. The wind hitting against her skin when she'd run, the exhilaration of feeling the adrenaline in her veins, she's never felt anything like it before. She could hardly wait for the next one.

The whole group ended up showing up for the meet. Probably from Aiden's skillful persuasive techniques. At first, she was scared to death to participate in her events. She felt so sick that she had to sit in bleachers behind the rest of the team for so long with her head in her hands. She only ever did anything when the coaches game instructions.

Tyler didn't say much after the meet ended, which did upset her at first but she ignored it.

Speaking of the boy, Saturday is just around the corner and it will be Tyler's game. Thankfully, it's a home game so Vina won't have to travel far. And not only that. It'll also be the night they execute the Jeep plan.

The solar lights came in about a few days ago and they've been figuring out how to place them around the area. Plus, the clothes she bought arrived yesterday. It wasn't anything all that special. She just thought it would be better than running around in old clothes that they've been wearing since day one. Black, combat clothes for everyone was best for the current environment, as well as cute.

The others were setting everything up while she kept watch on this side. Taylor was in charge of the further side.

A rustling beside her catches her attention and she tilts her head to see Tyler climbing up. "Hey," he says.

She bites her lip to hold back her smile, thanking her mask for hiding her expression. The clothes she got look especially good on him. "Hey."

They say nothing else as he settles next to her, her body scooting from him without her realizing it. She goes back to flashing the phantoms if they got too close, this time waving it side to side in a steady motion. This was the most entertained she's been for a while now.