Chapter 3: Hunted

Max's POV:

"Mom, are you sure we're going to be safe in here?" I asked. The government is out for people with powers like me. My dad build this bunker to keep me safe while they find away to escape the country. "Don't worry about that honey, you're going to be just fine." my mom reassured me. "Why is the government even doing this anyways?" I asked. "I honestly don't even understand this. The government's just a dick." "But that's so unfair though!" I protested. "Nothing is fair in this world." my mom signed. "Fuck the government." This was the first time I ever cursed out loud. But still though, that is literally the government. I picked up my phone and called Violet to see if she's alright. "Hey Vi." I said. "Hey Max." She replied, "How you doing?" "Eh." "Hiding for five bijilion years?" "Yup." "Same, I fucking HATE the government!" "Yeah, like why would they do this to us?" "What the hell did we even do to them?" "Nothing." "Nothing" she repeated. "Do you think Tallulah and Arya would be safe?" I asked. "They don't have powers, apparently." "Well that's strange." "Yeah, wait, what was even your powers?" "Mine? Oh I think it was the power of teleportation." "I have the power to heal everyone except myself." "Bruh." we both said at the same time. Though for real, what's the point of able to heal people and not yourself? "I hope Lily's okay too. She and Cae are the real targets." "Huh?" I'm confused. "Didn't Lily d-ohhhh!" I totally forgot that she can't die. Bro. "Well I hope so too." I agreed. "Yeah, anyways I have to go now bye!" "Bye!" I hung up the phone and slumped down in my chair. Suddenly, I heard an explosion above our bunker. My parents immediately ran into the room and told me to hid in the closet. "They're coming for you. GO!" "But Mom-" "Don't worry about me! Just hid and we'll be fine!" I ran to the secret safe and hit in the closet, my mouth shut tight. In truth, I knew that my parents weren't going to be fine. Tears filled my eyes as I tried not to cry out loud. I watched in horror as the roof of the bunker exploded and a horde of armed military people stormed inside, demanding my parents to give me over. "No, we don't have her." My mom said, trembling with fear. "I know you do and she's somewhere nearby." The military leader said, pointing a gun at her head. "No we don't. She teleported away from us." My dad replied. "Shut your pretty lies up and tell me where she is or you're DEAD!" "We won't." That was the last time I got to see my parents alive. I was scared of my life but I don't know what to do. I just pray that they don- "Found her!" said a soldier who yanked the closet door open. "Get her!" I tried teleporting away but it was too late. I started to faint as my vision was blurry and the world around me turned to complete darkness.