Epilogue

In the year 2037, Cherise finds herself at the age of 42, still residing under the same roof as her mother. Although her son has recently tied the knot and ventured out into the world, he hasn't strayed too far from Cherise's side. The anticipation of becoming a grandmother is building up, as her son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first child. Meanwhile, Cherise's closest companion, Lana, is a mother of two. Interestingly, Cherise's stepfather continues to lead an independent life in his own apartment located in the OC. Cherise's mother maintains regular communication with him. It was the end of August, and Cherise decided to go for a leisurely drive to Crystal Cove beach in her sleek blue Tesla. As she cruised along, a nostalgic tune from the 80s, "Endless Summer Nights," filled the car. Lost in her thoughts, Cherise couldn't help but reminisce about the Doctor. A wave of emotions overwhelmed her, causing tears to well up in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away and carried on with her journey. Finally arriving at her destination, she parked her car and stole a glance at herself in the rearview mirror. The fine lines at the corners of her eyes stand out more now compared to when she was 37. The wrinkles on her forehead are hardly noticeable, and as her hair began to turn slightly gray, she would dye it, however she has managed to maintain her slim figure, prioritizing self-care for her mental, physical, and emotional well-being, yet she is aware that aging can be unforgiving, and the body may start to show signs of wear and tear over time. As soon as she found a suitable spot to park her car, she eagerly made her way down to the beach. Exploring the tidepools has always been a cherished activity for her, a passion that has remained with her since her childhood. Immersed in the beauty of marine life and the tranquility of the surroundings, she lost track of time. Eventually, she decided to head back, noticing that the beach was surprisingly quiet for this time of the month. However, Cherise was too engrossed in her thoughts to pay much attention to it. Suddenly, a sudden and unfamiliar metallic sound broke the silence, causing her to freeze in her tracks. 

"No, it can't be," she thought

"No, it can't be," she thought. Shaking her head in disbelief, she gradually pivoted her body. And there he stood, gazing at her with a gentle grin adorning his face. Although he appeared slightly more mature, there was no doubt about it - it was the Doctor. His attire consisted of a waistcoat and trousers in a striking maroon and turquoise tartan pattern, layered over a crisp white shirt and a navy-blue double-breasted overcoat. She was hesitant as she approached him and with a trembling hand, she touched his face. He smiled and said, "You can touch whatever you want, Butterfly." Her eyes flew open, "You look like the first Doctor I met," she said, bewildered. She couldn't believe her eyes. He held her in his arms. At first, she didn't want to embrace him back, but she slowly raised her arms up, wrapped them around him, and cried.  "Oh my God, you're back."

He sighed, "I missed you too." As always, the Tardis is cloaked, people can't see it. They walked hand in hand, down the beach.  "I can't forget the last time we were in this place," he reminisced.

"Yeah, I remember it too, and it was before you took off," Cherise said with a hint of sarcasm, wiping away tears. The Doctor picked up on her tone and comforted her, "I understand, I know why you're upset, but I'm not leaving."