3.

Gemini and fourth - aged 10.

"It's just a linear equation, fourth." Gemini says, sighing. "I know damn well you can solve it."

"Norawit you absolute idiot, just because you're smart doesn't mean we all are."

"I'm not smart, I just listened to the teacher instead of staring at Sammi the whole time."

Fourth giggles at the mention of Sammi, "i'm literally in love with her bro." He says, blush high on his cheeks. "Stop teasing me."

"I wasn't even teasing you, but okay." Gemini says, tired of having this conversation for the fifth time that day. "I was about to offer you help with that worksheet, but since you're this chill about it-"

"NOOOO I'm not chill about this at all, look at me I'm panicking." Fourth says, wiping off non-existent sweat from his forehead and pretending to shiver. "Please teach me smartypants."

--

Present - Sunday 

Gemini is doing his morning skincare routine, vibing to some popular pop song he found on Spotify charts, whistling to himself when Fourth screeches from the kitchen.

Sigh.

Just as he is getting up from his chair to check on Fourth, the boy runs towards him, stubbing his toe against the chair in the process.

"OW OW OW" He screams, holding his toe with his fingers, and it only takes a few seconds before he loses his balance and barrels straight into Gemini, and they both fall, the chair screeching as it gets pushed backwards.

What a great way to start the morning.

Amidst the chaos and the constant cusses that Fourth was letting out, Gemini notices that Fourth's phone, now beside them and on the floor, is ringing. He picks the phone up to lift the call but then notices that it's Fourth's mom that is calling.

What the fuck?

"AAAAH SHIT FOURTH WHAT THE HECK DO WE DO NOW??"

–-

What they decide to do is to ignore the call and sit down together to make up a story of how they started dating before calling Fourth's mom back.

"I'm gonna tell her that you asked me out first, but I wasn't interested initially. But then later decided to give you a chance." Fourth says, smirking cockily and flipping his non-existent long hair sassily, "Cause I'm cool like that."

"She is your mom, dude. She isn't going to believe you at all." Gemini says, snickering at the dissapointed face Fourth puts on, "We all know you're a big, fat loser."

Fourth just lets out a 'hmph' at that, knowing Gemini is right.

"Let's tell her that it just felt right, so we started dating, but since we've known each other for so long and have stable careers now, we decided to get engaged?" Gemini says, actually acting smart.

Fourth nods along, "Yeah whatever. I don't think mom cares that much. She probably just wants to give you a proper invite to the house."

Gemini smiles at that. "Your mom literally likes me more than you at this point." Fourth pokes his tongue out at him, in a very mature, not-at-all-childish way before saying "Your mom likes me better too, asshole."

"Just so you know, I only agreed to your stupid agreement because your mom asked me and because my parents are literally abandoning me on new year to have a lovey-dovey vacation." Gemini says, "So you better act grateful."

Fourth pokes out his tongue at him again before picking up his phone from where he had put it on the table. "So, should we call her now?"

"Yes, buddy. All the best."