Prologue

July 24, 2024
Onika Maraj POV

I left work exhausted. Being a physician was taking a toll on me. Don't get me wrong..I love what I do and I worked damn hard and racked up plenty of student loans to become a doctor. But it meant long hours, less time away from my husband, family, friends, and more importantly less time to cater to self.

I got inside of my car and took a breath. I thought about calling my husband James, but part of me knew I wouldn't get a response since he was out of town in Las Vegas with his client...

Beyoncé "Flatline" Knowles, biggest boxing legend since Floyd Mayweather. Or if you ask my husband, the greatest boxer of all time.

My husband was her manager and right now was such a crucial and busy time period since Beyoncé had the biggest fight in boxing history coming up only a month away. In fact, I hadn't heard from my damn husband in 2 days. I almost didn't even want to piss myself off by trying to call him at this time of night..but I did anyways..

The phone rang and rang and I was just about to hang up cause I give a good 3-4 rings before it gives desperate..but then the phone picked up to a noisy background that mimicked that of a gym.

"James St. Patrick, talk to me"

"James.."

"Yes St. Patrick I don't have all night. Who is this"

"This is your wife."

I immediately regretted calling this man and knew the irritation in my voice wasn't just a product of my exhaustion.

He paused and erupted into laughter shortly after "Onika baby you know it's loud in here. What you need?"

"To speak to my husband that I haven't seen in weeks nor talked to in days?"

"Well baby you know i'm busy. I take care of you don't I? I been missing you too.. I actually got you tickets to the fight next month, front row mama... I was thinking we could go to the after party together after Bey's win."

I paused for a second because I wasn't expecting to be flown to Las Vegas for the fight nor for my husband to flaunt me around an industry after party. James usually kept me out of the spotlight with him because he felt it wasn't my style..too fast paced. I always have been a homebody and never indulged much into parties, alcohol, not to mention parties of this caliber. But for the purpose of my husband's newfound spontaneity, I agreed.

"That sounds great actually..I've missed you so much.."

"Alright baby, take off the whole weekend of the fight and i'll send the private jet, courtesy of Bey."

I almost choked on my spit when i blurted out "Did you say je-"

But the phone abruptly hung up before I could finish the sentence. I sighed and put on my seat belt before contemplating what the hell I was going to wear to fucking Las Vegas' biggest fight night.

Author's notes:
Brand new author. Going to be a great story. Stick with me. We needed something new in the fanfic world so walla. X