Deception

*1 month later*
November 16, 2024
Onika Maraj POV

It had been one month since Beyoncé and I were operating as a couple. We made the decision to keep the relationship out of the public eye due to my pregnancy but had already broke the news to trusted family and friends. My mother was overwhelmed with the news and more importantly the circumstances of how I got pregnant. She didn't like my infidelity within my marriage but loved Beyoncé. However, after a long talk with her, I had her full support which was all I needed. Lauren was for whatever I was for per usual, but she did keep it real with me about how we went about the situation and I couldn't fault her for that.

Beyoncé had made me and the baby priority in her life, as she should have. She ended all romantic dealings with Rubi without me even asking. She also had told me she told her parents about me and the baby, but I still hadn't met them, which I thought was a little strange. All in all, I kept complaints to a minimum because I was pampered and taken care of.

It also had been one month since I had seen my soon to be ex husband. He hadn't contacted me at all since the day I found out I was pregnant with Bey's child until a week ago when his lawyer contacted me to come sign and finalize our divorce. Beyoncé had told me that I was to only have contact with him to negotiate divorce proceedings and I guess that time has come. His lawyer stated that he would be back in Vegas today, so we agreed to do it today. As I headed into the elevator, I felt sick. My nausea and morning sickness had passed but this sickness came from the fear of facing him for the first time. The last time he saw me he had no idea any of this would happen. I rubbed my small belly bump in an attempt to regulate myself. Now entering into 3 months of pregnancy, it was hard to hide due to my already small frame.

Stepping out of the elevator, I made way into office 402 where the meeting would be held. As I walked in, I immediately looked right into his eyes and saw their emptiness. He looked right at my bump and turned his head in disgust.

Once I took my seat, the meeting began. I told his lawyer that I had nothing to negotiate. That I needed nothing from him. My lawyer was whispering to me and advising me to ask for something, anything, but I refused. I was taken care of and so was my child and I felt we had already taken enough.

James said not one word the entire time, only nodding when his lawyer asked him a question. The papers were signed and that was the end of it. I grabbed my purse as I carefully got up holding my bump and headed in a beeline towards the ladies room. Once I relieved myself, I came out of the stall to wash my hands and nearly jumped through the ceiling as James was waiting, sitting on the sink. He placed his hands up in a non threatening motion as he began talking to me.

"I'm not suppose to be here but I need to tell you some things. You don't know what you're doing Nik. You don't know her like I do."

"If this is about your past..her past.. save it Jamie. She already told me." I said as I began washing my hands.

"She didn't tell you everything because if she had, you wouldn't be with her still. I know this because even I have never told you everything. If I had, you wouldn't have been with me either."

I looked at him intently as I grabbed a few paper towels. "What are you saying?.." I questioned him nervously.

"I'm saying she isn't who you think she is Onika. She did that to get back at me. Now i'm telling you this to protect your feelings. 6 years of marriage how you ever known me to not protect you?"

I contemplated what he said and I had to be honest with myself that he wasn't wrong. So I listened.

"Say what you have to say.."

He got up off the counter. "She's wanted you since college Onika. She never approached you but she made it known to myself and our crew that she would." He shifted uncomfortably before he continued. "I beat her to it. I asked you out knowing she was going to and she's held a grudge with me ever since. The day she fired me she bragged about it..taking you from me. This was get back Onika..I'm sorry I know you care for her but this was never about you. This was about her ego."

My head shook in disbelief as I took in every syllable that came out of his mouth. "No.. That's not true.." My voice broke.

He stepped closer to me. "She pretends this is her first child doesn't she? She talks about always wanting one right? Onika you're not having her first child. She's impregnated several women and forced them into having abortions. She actually had a child with one of them Onika.. If you don't believe me mention the name Noni to her."

I was still shaking my head, now in full on tears. The words coming out of his mouth plus my pregnancy hormones were tag teaming me right now.

"Has she even told you she loves you?" He asked.

That was what did it for me. I grabbed my purse and ran out as he called for me. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, disgusted with her and myself as I stepped uncovered into pouring rain and then into the black suburban.

"Headed home madam?" Her driver and security guard asked.

"No. Please take me to a hotel Julius. And please don't tell Beyoncé."

He hesitated at first but eventually nodded in compliance.

*1 hour later*
Onika Maraj POV

I had just settled into a room at the Bellagio knowing Beyoncé would be looking for me soon but I just couldn't face her right now. My first instinct was to call Lauren but I quickly dismissed the thought, embarrassed of what she might say.

I had turned my entire life upside down for this woman. Had gotten pregnant with her child and I had undoubtedly made the wrong decisions regarding the last couple of months of my life.

James might have been a lot of things but I have never in 6 years known him to be a liar.

I needed a plan other than a few nights at a hotel. I lived with her, I worked with her, I'm pregnant with her child. My entire life has become consumed with her. I can't just run. I have to face her and get the truth. But not today, not tonight. I just needed space to breath. I felt I could trust no one.

I laid down in fetal position as I lightly cried. I prayed that Julius would allow me this time to myself and not tell Beyoncé of my location.

The heaviness of my heart eventually placed me into a deep sleep.

*Hours later*
Onika Maraj

I awoke to the bright lights of the hotel room that I hadn't turned off before I fell asleep. I had been laying in the same fetal position as before and felt the wetness of the pillow from my tears. I had no energy to move besides the small action of tapping my phone that was on the pillow. Once my eyes adjusted to the screen I could see 36 missed calls from her and 2 from Lauren. I tilted my head up as I picked up my phone, skimming over her missed calls and going to straight to Lauren's. Before I could press "call" I noticed a figure in the reflection of the mirror sitting in the chair on the opposite side of the room.

"Onika. Are you.. running from me?"

Author's Notes:
Vote, Comment, Share, Follow Please.

Predictions?
Do you all think James was lying?
Are we rooting for Beynika still?
Do you all think Beyoncé could have a child?
Could Bey's past be darker than we thought?