V. What happens after being in the living room

FIVE.      WHAT HAPPENS AFTER BEING IN THE LIVING ROOM    
🦴

      WHAT HAPPENS AFTER BEING IN THE LIVING ROOM     🦴

Max Mayfield is a teenage girl, she has very good eyes.

This trailer belongs to Eddie Munson, and he shares the space with his little sister and little brother. Kaimer Munson looks nothing like her brother's, but she shares their heavy love, kind hand, and burdens. Reese Munson is a quiet boy who always looks like he wants to speak but doesn't know exactly what to say, he's got scars from a car accident. Physical and mental.

June Elrod has her hair waved by heat tonight and she's drowning in a big denim jacket. It is probably Eddie's. She's drinking a pop and listening to Julia tell a story in the kitchen. Lydia Elrod is not here, she never comes to these things. She doesn't like hanging out with older people, she doesn't want to be older herself. Yet she adores her sister's attention, and these nights are the only time in the year she doesn't have it. She's probably at Chrissy Cunningham's home.

Wesley Roman is a boy, maybe a man. He still has a cigarette tucked behind his ear, yet he has a lit one in between his teeth. Max thinks he might've forgotten about the one behind his ear. He's slouched into the couch, almost like he's melting into it. A Wesley Roman dent in the couch. There's the pizza boxes on the coffee table in front of his bent knees.

Next to him is Dallas. Max watches him despite her knowing of him. He is her best friend. She'd do anything for him. He is here with his closest friends, yet his shoulders are still up to his ears. He cannot relax, and Max wonders if it has something to do with her being here. What is he normally like when she is not here and back across the grass at home? Who is her brother when he's not stressed? What makes Dallas without all the heavy Dallas parts?

Who the fuck can Dallas Mayfield be?

Julia is smoking her seventh cigarette of the night. Steve Harrington is not here. That speaks enough for itself.

Eddie's on the couch, laughing. Max has never seen him laugh like that, and at Wesley Roman's words of all words. Eddie is tucked in Reese's side, and with them this way, Reese looks older. Julia and June join the boys in the living area. June gets a piece of cheese pizza and does not eat the crust. Eddie takes it and splits it with Reese. Julia doesn't eat pizza nor does she ever really eat anything on these Friday nights. Dallas won't stop sneaking glances at June. Max smiles faintly.

All of these people, are somehow connected by anger and loss. Almost all of them know a dead person.

Max's eyes flicker to the kitchen, Kaimer is washing glasses. She never seems to stop working. Max moves towards her, her fingertips buzzing. "Hi there mini Mayfield," Kaimer says gently without even looking at the girl.

Max smiles, leaning against the counter at Kaimer's side. "Havin' fun?"

Max takes in Kaimer's question. She is regarding her despite her youngness. "I am. It's cool watching you guys." Kaimer hums and sends the redhead a smile. "Some nights it's more messier than others. Tonight seems to be a good one."