Plasma Protein Binding Assay

The plasma protein binding assay measures the proportion of compounds that are not bound (free) to the protein in the plasma by equilibrium dialysis. Since only the free compound can bind to its target and produce activity, and the compound bound to plasma protein may have a longer half-life and lower clearance rate, the determination of plasma protein binding rate is very important for understanding the activity of the compound and tissue distribution.

Plasma Protein Binding Assay Protocol(Equilibrium Dialysis)

Method Equilibrium Dialysis(100% Plasma)

Species Rat, mouse, dog, monkey, human

Test concentration 2 µM (DMSO final concentration <0.5%)

Positive Control Warfarin(other compounds available)

Compound required 100 µL 10mM DMSO solution or 2 mg

Analysis method LC-MS/MS

Data Delivery Fraction unbound in 100% Plasma Recovery

AxisPharm develops a broad range of Linkers and provide custom linker synthesis. Our current product catalog covers click chemistry tools such as DBCO, tetrazine, TCO, BCN and cycloprpene etc., biotin linkers, PEG linkers, peptide linkers, glucuronide linkers, photo cleavable linkers, dye probe linkers and folic acid peg linkers.

If you want to know more about proteomics services, please visit our website.