part-8

In the early morning light, Taehyung lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Sleep had eluded him the entire night. With a sigh, he dragged himself out of bed and began his morning routine. After showering and dressing, he headed downstairs.

As he entered the kitchen, he saw his father sitting at the table, engrossed in the morning newspaper. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and toasted bread filled the air. His mother glanced up from the stove and greeted him with a warm smile.

"Taehyung, come have breakfast," she said, placing a plate of food on the table.

Taehyung exchanged a brief look with his father. He walked over to the dining table and sat down across from his father. The clinking of cutlery and the rustling of the newspaper were the only sounds that filled the room.

He ate his breakfast in silence, his mind elsewhere. Once he finished, he stood up, grabbed his backpack, and headed towards the door.

"Have a good day at university," his mother called after him.
"Thanks, Mom," he replied, giving her a small smile before stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

On the other side, Manal got into her car, ready to head to university. As she drove through the morning traffic, she couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that had settled over her. Her thoughts kept drifting back to Taehyung, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't focus on anything else.

Manal sighed, gripping the steering wheel a little tighter. She tried to concentrate on the road ahead, but her thoughts kept returning to Taehyung. It was unusual for her to be so preoccupied, and it only added to her discomfort.

She hoped that once she got to university and immersed herself in her classes, she would be able to push these thoughts aside. But for now, all she could do was drive and hope that the feeling would pass.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At university, Hafsa stood by the entrance, anxiously waiting for Manal. She glanced around and suddenly spotted Jungkook walking across the courtyard. He looked tired and worn out, and despite herself, Hafsa couldn't help but get lost in her thoughts about him.

A pang of guilt washed over her as she remembered their past. "Ya Allah," she silently prayed, "I know I have sinned by being in a haram relationship. But I still love him. Please, make these feelings go away. I don't want to commit more sins. Please, help me forget him."

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice Manal approaching. Suddenly, Manal appeared beside her and gave her a gentle shake. Hafsa startled and snapped out of her reverie.

"Hey, Hafsa, are you okay?" Manal asked, concern in her eyes.
Hafsa blinked and forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just lost in thought."
Manal nodded, though she didn't look entirely convinced. "Let's go to class. We're going to be late."
Hafsa nodded and followed Manal, trying to push thoughts of Jungkook out of her mind and focus on the day ahead.

Taehyung arrived at the university, his eyes scanning the courtyard until he spotted Jungkook. Jungkook stood alone, seemingly lost in his thoughts, looking even more exhausted up close. Taehyung approached him and gave him a gentle shake.

"Hey, let's go, bro. We're going to be late for the lecture," Taehyung said, glancing around, hoping to catch a glimpse of Manal.

Jungkook blinked and looked at Taehyung, his tired eyes showing a hint of gratitude for the interruption. "Yeah, let's go," he replied, his voice heavy with fatigue.
The two friends walked towards their lecture hall together, each lost in their own thoughts.