1.

Onika Maraj
August 15th

"Are you excited or nervous?" I turned around asking Giselle as I watched her pack up her room into boxes, I cried enough I couldn't cry anymore. My first born was leaving tomorrow for college in New York.

"I'm not nervous, i'm excited actually mom" she said before grabbing clothes from Thalia who was on the floor taking stuff out of her suitcase. "Plus, Hana and Jordan coming to the same school"

"Jordan?" I raised my brows.

"Yes mom, Jordan" she chuckled. I wasn't laughing.

"So, you and Jordan..." I asked as I grabbed Thalia and sat on her bed. Of course, she threw a fit because I had stopped her from making a mess while her sister was trying to pack up.

"What about us?"

"Are you together now?" I asked her, she always kept things from me but told Beyonce ugly ass.

"We are, but I promise we just got together because I know you think I keep secrets" she rolled her eyes playfully.

Giselle moved around the room packing up things until she stopped to take a sip of her water looking at me.

"Have you thought about birth control?" I asked, and she choked on her water, laughing. Once again, I was not laughing.

"Mom, please"

"Giselle, stop playing. I'm serious. I got pregnant in college, so I know what goes on. You're not a baby anymore," I told her.

"You had me in college?"

"Well, no... I lost the baby, but I still got pregnant. I don't want you to do that and lose focus on your education," I told her. She came over and grabbed her baby sister from me.

"This is my birth control, trust me after living with all of my siblings I am not having any" she said and I sighed.

"You say that now until..."

"Mom, don't even finish that," she said, and I laughed at her before walking out of the room. As I walked downstairs, I saw my wife sitting on the couch, looking pretty as ever, watching a movie and sipping on some wine.

I walked over and sat down besides her, she instantly wrapped her arms around me.

"Giselle done packing?" she asked kissing my lips.

"Shes almost done, I think we did the hard stuff last week so it's just little things, Thalia not helping though I tell you that"

Beyonce went back to paying attention to the movie before looking back at me, she could always read me.

"What's wrong, Nic?" she leaned up and grabbed the remote and turned off the tv.

"I'm nervous for Giselle," I said, playing with her fingers as I looked up into her eyes. She chuckled and pecked my lips.

"Baby, she's older now she has to grow up"

"Yeah but that's my baby" I poked my lip out. "Plus she just told me Jordan is attending the same college" I sighed.

"That's what you really worried about" she chuckled.