27.

Beyonce Knowles

"And I'm ready to show you how fast I can swim now, Mama," Omari exclaimed as I was in the bathroom doing my hair. We were heading to the beach, and he was thrilled.

"I'm ready to see, bubba" I told him. He sat on our bed just as Lori came back in.

"Hey, can you go downstairs until your mama is done?" she asked him and he looked up at me.

"Go ahead, bubba, I'm coming down," I told him. I glanced over at Lori, who was focused in texting on her phone. I fixed my gaze on her until she finally looked up at me.

"If you have something to say, the polite thing to do is to speak not stare" she said.

"You're getting a bit too comfortable telling my children what to do. I'm letting you know politely, but their mother may not be so kind," I calmly informed her.

"I just asked him if he could go downstairs, what's the big deal? We're getting ready, and he should be down there with the kids," she shrugged, returning her attention to her phone.

"That's my son, and if he wants to talk to me, he can do that," I said, rolling my eyes as I finished up styling my hair.

"You've been acting funny these two days"

"Because I'm telling you to stop crossing the line with my kids? That's two you've addressed, and you're going to mess with the wrong one," I warned her firmly. I knew that Brielle would not hesitate to speak up, and Nicki would support her.

"Okay, Beyonce, my Cuban necklace broke and I need another one," she pouted, coming over to me and wrapping her hands around me. "Can you get me another one, Daddy?"

"I'll think about it. Can we go enjoy ourselves today?" I asked, and she nodded as we gathered our things and headed downstairs. As I descended, I saw Nicki bent over, helping Thalia put on her shoes.

I didn't know I was staring until I felt a hand hit my shoulder, I looked over at Lori who was rolling her eyes.

"In front of my face?" she asked a little loud which made Nicki stand up looking behind her.

"Lori, not today" I said sighing.

"I'm not going, yall have fucking fun" she said about to go upstairs before Nicki stopped her.

"You told my son to come down here?" she asked.

"I did. He needed to come down here with the kids while Beyonce and I were getting ready," Lori replied with an attitude. I had a feeling that this situation was about to escalate.

"Bitch, what did I tell you about talking to any of my kids? You think I'm playing with you?" Nicki asked, walking closer to her. Rihanna quickly intervened and redirected Nicki before things escalated further.

"Okay mad ass" Lori laughed and I saw Nicki run back over trying to get to her but I stopped her this time.

"Lori go upstairs forreal" I told her, Nicki was wiggling in my arms trying to break free.

"Get off me, Beyonce," she said as she pushed away from my arms. "You need to deal with that bitch before I do. Are you really that stupid to let her talk to your kids like that?"