7.

Onika Maraj-Knowles
August 30th

While enjoying my meal in my office, I was reviewing some financial and marketing documents when I realized the need to hire a social media manager to promote our salons in both Houston and L.A.

I heard a knock and told them to come in, it was Troy with flowers.

"What are you doing here boy?" I covered my mouth while talking so I wouldn't be rude talking with food in my mouth,

I may or may not have taken him up on his offer to show him around yesterday, and I found him to be quite cool and laid back.

I appreciated his vibe and he didn't give me the impression that he was trying anything further after apologizing for his previous behavior.

"He said, 'I came by to bring you these,'" placing the flowers on my desk. I smiled, noting that he had been bringing me flowers lately, strictly as friends, of course.

"I appreciate you but you don't have to keep doing this" I said.

"It's not a problem, what you doing?" he asked sitting in the chair in front of my desk.

"Just looking over my business, thinking about expanding and opening up a shop in New York"

"What's stopping you?" he asked.

"I don't want it to be too much and I end up not being able to handle it" I sighed.

"I feel like you could handle it well" he said and I looked at him, he smiled at me and I returned it.

"I will have to talk about that with my wife first and see what she thinks" I said and he nodded.

"I came here to ask if you'd like to go get drinks with me later, on me?" he asked standing up as if he's about to leave.

"Well I-I have to help my mother in law for my wife's birthday dinner decoration tonight" I said.

"We're just going to have a couple and you can go and help them, come on don't leave me hanging" he chuckled.

"Okay, just a few, that's all," I rolled my eyes. He stood there smiling at me, and we were both startled when the door suddenly opened and my child walked in.

"Giselle what are you doing home?" I yelled getting up to greet her and hug her, she laughed.

"You think I'm missing mama's birthday din-..." she stopped mid-sentence, her eyes shifting to Troy before returning to me. I could tell by the look on her face that I was about to get an earful.

"This is your daughter, wow I didn't think you had children this old you look so young" he said and I saw GG roll her eyes, my child.

"Yeah she's my oldest, but um I will see you later yeah?" I told him and he nodded walking out of my office. I sat back down in my chair avoiding Giselle's gaze.

"Who is that?" she said me with her hand on her hips.

"He's just a friend Giselle..." I said taking another bite of my food looking up at her. "What?"

"Mom, he shouldn't be back here alone with you"

"Giselle, I know what i'm doing and there's nothing happening. I am not going to cheat, he's knows that i'm married" I said.