Chapter 10- Ambush

RECAP: "Because your father was one of the heaven's council..."

                                              "And you are perpetual"

Avalon

"How could I be perpetual?" I wondered, "My dad lives with us! He's been there my entire life!"

Luca smiled sadly, "When your father and mother had you, they wanted to protect you from all the people who would want to hurt you. They didn't think about the fact of supernatural intuition"

"And that meaaans....?"

"Xavior. He's a part of the Dark Union."

"The Dark Union?"

"It's pretty much a group of extreme assholes who want more than their fair share, but they have to get rid of you to do it. That day he beat you to the point of passing out..."

My eyes widened "He was trying to kill me. How could he?" I looked down with tears in my eyes "How can you tell someone you love them and try to break them?"

"Well, for one thing, x is a night dweller. They're all assholes."

"I'm glad you think so DOG." Said a voice from the shadows. "Well, it will just make this all the more enjoyable" A young man stepped out of the corner of the room, donning a cloak and black jeans. Around his throat sat an enormous Blood red ruby Brooch. 

"Xavior" Mason said with disgust. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to finish the job. You know, I can't be slacking for Lord mvrick." And with that, he was by my side in an instant. 

At my shocked look, Luca stated "Pack Walkers, Night Dwellers, and Perpetual all have Extreme speed, " He leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Don't let him catch you off guard. Exploit his weaknesses"

Xavior yawned "Well it's nice to see you two making me want to vomit the blood I had for lunch, but I'm getting quite bored... and I'm quite busy as well."

"Will you quit talking like you're a lord from an eighteenth century romance novel?!" I snapped at him

He smiled, fangs extended. "Well that would be a little hard considering I was born in 1738." He suddenly gave me a mischievous look, "Oh, you don't have any weapons training, do you?" He pulled out a dagger and thrusted it at me, which I dodged at a speed I didn't know I had ever been capable of. Luke dropped the dagger, pulling a long sword out of a scabbard on his hip.

"Avalon, catch!" Mason called from the other side of the room. He threw me a long sword with a dingy handle, just barely cutting off my wrist.

"Thanks!" I called back. I don't know how I knew what stance to take, but as soon as I did, the sword began to glow a golden, heavenly light. I looked on, bewildered at what was happening in my very hands.

"No," Xavier said, astonished "it can't be!"

"She's heaven's chosen. She's more than you can imagine." Luca replied.

A hidden, gorgeous voice called out from the sky "You are so much more than you thought you were Ava. Xavier has been tolerated for far too long. It's his time to die" And somehow, on reflex, I plunged the glowing sword into his chest. He fell to the floor, gasping. He didn't have a heartbeat, but if he did it would be silent.

"I-I killed him" I stated. "I fucking KILLED him!"

"You didn't kill him," Lucacame around to my side. "You have to drain his blood to do that. But we don't have much time" We heard thumping from the one side of the hall. "We've gotta go. NOW!"

Luca started pulling me down the hall, hearing screeching behind us.

"But wait! my stuff!" I called.

"Not really a good priority right now!"

"I spent money on that shit!"

"I'll buy you more. come on!"

We ran up to the lido deck, seeing My friends standing there.

"What happened to you guys?" Bea put her hands on her hips, slight purple flames and sparks shooting off her shorts.

"The Dark Union is back, " He looked around "And they're after Avalon"

"Shit" Bea stated "Those assholes again?"

"We need to get Avalon to the pack house. How are we gonna get out of here?"

They all looked around for a second. 

"Wait, " Aria said "I feel a familiar presence." she stopped for a second "We're right over the reef"

"The... reef?" I asked.

She looked at me for a second "My home. The castle of the innocents. You know the story, the little mermaid? yeah that was about my older sister, Ariel. Triton, He's my father as well as a featured guest on the Heaven's Council."

"Do you think we can get your family to help?" Bea asked.

Aria looked at her for a second. "They're my family. Yes, I think they will help us!"

"Sarcasm received... "Bea mumbled.

Aria rolled her eyes, pulling out a conch shell from her purse. She blew into the nozzle, which actually looked like something you would see on an instrument. High tech, that's pretty nuts.

The next part was pretty weird. One second we were on the boat, then there was a flash of light, and suddenly we were in a... castle

"Daddy I'm home!" She called.

"Welcome home Aria! Ah, I see you've brought friends!" This must be Tritan. He looked us over appraisingly, but his eyes stopped a second when he got to me. "Let me guess... Packwalker, Nightdweller, Wrenz, and Perpetual. Ah, but not just any perpetual..."

"You're the chosen one."

A/N Picture of Char on the side(Night Dweller)