𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, truth or dare

"𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝"

      𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐈𝐆. There's not exactly a ton of leg room, and both Makayla and Bellamy silently agreed to let Charlotte take the little alcove in the very back of the cave so she can sleep. Bellamy was quick to offer the young girl his jacket, presumably so she's not cold. 

      The silence between the two adults is awkward. Makayla continues to forget that technically, she's a legal adult now. And she's spending her first few days as an adult on the ground, feeling useless. She's taken a spot closer to the entrance of the cave, Bellamy being stuck sandwiched between the two girls.

      Makayla continues to pick at the skin by her nails, a nervous habit that she's had for years. Occasionally she'll check to see if either of the other two are asleep - and every time, Bellamy's wide awake, Charlotte's not. And every time, Bellamy has a solemn look on his face, and Makayla's pretty sure she knows why.

      "Atom's not your fault" She says, keeping her voice low so she doesn't wake up Charlotte. Bellamy is taken aback slightly by her sudden decision to speak, after minutes of prolonged silence between the two. He stares at the wall of the cave behind her for a moment, not wanting to make eye contact as he thinks about what she's said.

      "I left him out there. I should've-" He starts, but Makayla shakes her head.

      "If anything, we both left him out there. I was running in front of him, I could've gone back for him. But there's not a lot we could've done about it" She says, and Bellamy finally decides to make eye contact with her. Her words are genuine, her intentions clear. She blames herself, but she won't be able to get through the night if she can feel the guilt radiating off of the man. She continues to pick at the skin by her fingers, waiting for his response.

      "There could've been something we could've done" He whispers, and Makayla looks up at him. Her stops picking at the skin by her fingers and starts running them along the stray pebbles on the ground, feeling the rough edges of the broken down rocks imbedding themselves into her skin. "There isn't. The only thing we can do now is wait for the fog to clear".

      Bellamy nods and the silence grows awkward once more. And there's no way Makayla's going to be able to fall asleep, not when there's a storm of poisonous fog radiating outside. She continues to play with the rocks beneath her fingers, feeling them turn against the rough floor as she runs them along it. She can feel the guilt radiating off of Bellamy still. Maybe he can feel hers too, but it'll drive her crazy if she has to deal with it for the next few hours.