Sitting alone in his teal aquarium of a classroom, Yulek downed the sixteenth bottle of grape soda. It fizzed in his throat, reminiscent of the sound of the pendulum of the clock mounted on the wall above the dark brown chopped bun haired man ticking. He rested his cheek on the desk and watched the executive ball clicker sway back and forth. Away went the ball, and near came the ball. Away went the ball, and near came the ball. Away went the ball times four, and near came the ball times four.

With a sigh, Yulek lifted his head up and rested his chin on the desk upholstered in dark wood instead while averting his gaze to the hourglass. Even with the cuckoo clock being present, he resorted to the old fashioned hourglass. It was just what he sat well with.

Through his pince-nez, Yulek's keen eye watched the grains of the fine sand cascading down. He sat up and moved his hand holding the bottle so the rim could settle between his lips. One more-no, two more grains then he could take the shot. Just then, he hiccuped. The grains of sand of the upper chamber finished falling down. Yulek groaned and flipped the hourglass; he had lost track, because of that one damn hiccup.

Just when things could not get worse, the door flung open, accompanied by the sight of Ridge bulging his chest out while panting slightly. Yulek's keen eye now traveled to the golden glass medal hanging from his collared neck. Clearing his throat, Yulek placed the bottle aside and dusted off his purple jacket while rising. He nodded in Ridge's direction and, in a brittle voice, said, "Fancy seeing you here, Mister Kindler."

Ridge's breathing neutralized as he strode up towards Yulek, his boots knocking against the checkerboard floor. "Professor Yulek."

"..."

The two just regarded each other with looks of askance. Yulek's jaw tightened by itself. "He isn't here to pay me a simple visit, is he?"

"...is probably what's going on in his soda-stricken head." Ridge's mouth did not move. Instead, he let his eyes wander around the room. From the humble fish tank and the steampunk calender to the massive and tiered seating and desking. Yulek pursed his lips; Ridge's actions were far from wistfulness.

Then Yulek blurted out grinningly, "Congrats, again. I knew you'd win one way or another."

Ridge hummed in response while laying his eyes on the professor. "Thank you, professor Yulek. There were no competitors, really." He paused before continuing smilingly, "It all boils down to you and the Physics lessons. Really, professor, I'm indebted to you." Ridge hated pleasantries. He just had to use them for the sake of his goal.

Professor Yulek leaned forward while folding his arms over the desk. The executive ball clicker did its job much more loudly. He wagged his head upwards and his prince-nez stopped almost slipping. "Cut that out for now. You don't need to make up for the silence treatment you gave me during the graduation."

Ridge shrugged, "I was having a rough day."

"Mine was no different." Yulek glanced at the hourglass, seeing how the upper cup was about to be emptied. He held the soda bottle and downed it. Ridge just watched intently.

"Rough days could have different magnitudes." Ridge looked away and said under his breath, "In Nevah, at least."

"I'm sorry?" Yulek hiccuped as he plucked the bottle down. Ridge smirked as he thought, "Perfect. Stay like this. I'll gain the upper hand in no time."

Ridge walked closer until he was next to the tower of bottles by the desk. He looked at Yulek with a solemn expression and said, "Professor Yulek, you are aware of the upcoming Sensing Snowglobe Decree day."