Chapter 2

The adrenaline rush from the runway began to subside as Vivienne slipped into a comfortable robe. She was exhausted but exhilarated. The after-party loomed, but for now, she craved solitude. The afterparty was a blur of champagne, flashing lights, and endless congratulations. As she navigated the crowded room, Vivienne felt a disconnect. The world she inhabited was a glossy veneer, a carefully constructed illusion. Beneath the sparkling surface, she felt a growing sense of emptiness. She pulled out her phone, her fingers hovering over the social media app. The notifications were already pouring in - likes, comments, and offers. But none of it felt real. The world she inhabited was a carefully constructed facade, a mask she wore with increasing weariness. She was more than just a pretty face; she was a businesswoman, a survivor, and someone desperately trying to find a balance between her public persona and her private self. A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. It was Naomi, a glass of champagne in hand. "You were incredible out there, darling," she said, her eyes sparkling with admiration. "But remember, this is just one night. There's a whole world out there waiting for you." Vivienne smiled gratefully. Naomi was more than just a mentor; she was a confidante, a rock in the storm of her life. As they clinked glasses, Vivienne couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to change. The world she knew was about to collide with a force she couldn't control.

Vivienne was now at her hotel room going through her social media smiling at the responses from her dear fans. 

"Vivienne, you rock!"

"Queen of runaway"

"Gorgeous girl"

"You're melting us!"

Vivienne scrolled through the endless stream of compliments, a bittersweet smile playing on her lips. The validation was intoxicating, yet it felt hollow. The applause, the adoration - it was all part of the carefully constructed illusion she had created. Beneath the glamorous facade, she felt a growing sense of detachment, as if she were watching her own life unfold from a distance. A particular comment caught her eye: "You're so inspiring!" The words hung in the air, heavy with expectation. Was she truly inspiring? Or was she simply playing a role, fulfilling the image the world had created of her? The pressure to maintain the perfect image was suffocating. She longed to peel back the layers, to reveal the real Vivienne, the one who struggled with insecurities and doubts. She struggled a lot went through a lot of diets, dangerous exercises. As she continued to scroll, a sense of unease crept over her. The comments were becoming increasingly personal, delving into aspects of her life she had never intended to share. All of her worries and discomfort just goes out of her in front of her parents. She couldn't trust anyone but them. They wanted the best for their little girl and yet it was her dream to walk on the runaway so her mother had contacted Naomi. But above anything she would do anything to lift the burdens off her parents. She would die for them. It's as if her beloved mom had felt her heart at that moment when she gets a message from her. 

Vivienne's heart skipped a beat as her mother's message popped up on her screen. Her fingers trembled as she opened it. "My darling girl," the message began, "I can feel your heart aching. You're shining brighter than any star, but I know the weight of the world can sometimes feel overwhelming. Remember, you are more than just a beautiful face. You are strong, intelligent, and kind. Your light shines through, even when you think it's hidden. I'm so proud of the woman you're becoming. We love you unconditionally." Tears welled up in Vivienne's eyes as she read the message again and again. Her mother had an uncanny ability to see through the carefully constructed facade she presented to the world. In that moment, the weight of the pressure, the expectations, and the loneliness seemed to lift slightly. She felt a surge of love and gratitude for her mother's unwavering support. She replied back smiling , "Mom, I love you so so much and I'll be back in the evening with you and Dad."

The line between public persona and private self was blurring, and she felt a growing sense of vulnerability. The phone buzzed in Vivienne's hand, snapping her again causing her to choke on her breath. "Had this been a machine, I would've gotten a heart attack!" she remarked. Glancing at the screen, she saw a message from Aisha, her friend and fellow model, flashing brightly. It read, "Club Lit? Celebrating your epic runway walk girl!!! Come join the fun!" Vivienne hesitated. The thought of returning to the throng of flashing lights and forced merriment wasn't particularly appealing. Yet, the idea of isolating herself further in her hotel room felt equally uninviting. Maybe a change of scenery, a chance to connect with Aisha, was exactly what she needed. With a sigh, Vivienne messaged Aisha back, "On my way. Be there soon." Slipping out of the plush hotel robe, she debated what to wear. The sequined dress she'd worn on the runway felt like a costume now, a symbol of the persona she was trying to escape. Opting Black One-Shoulder Satin Mini Dress, she put on a pair of Black Opened Toed Suede Heels. There was no need to touch up her face as he already her makeup on headed out the door. 

The cool night air felt refreshing on her skin as she hailed her personal car and bodyguard

The cool night air felt refreshing on her skin as she hailed her personal car and bodyguard. As the city lights blurred by, Vivienne contemplated the message Aisha had sent. Was it just a casual invitation to celebrate, or was there something more to it? Perhaps Aisha sensed Vivienne's inner turmoil and wanted to offer a space for genuine connection. Reaching Club Lit, the pulsing music throbbed through the walls even before she stepped inside. Stepping through the doorway, she was greeted by a kaleidoscope of flashing lights and bodies moving in rhythm. Spotting Aisha at a VIP booth, Vivienne weaved through the crowd, the familiar scent of expensive perfume and spilled drinks hanging heavy in the air. Everyone was looking at her, after all it would be a tragedy to not look at one of the most beautiful women in the world. Reaching the booth, Aisha greeted Vivienne with a warm hug. "There you are! I knew you wouldn't miss the party." Her eyes held a knowing glint, as if she could see right through Vivienne's carefully constructed facade. Sliding into the booth, Vivienne ordered a drink, opting for a simple soda water with lime. As the ice clinked in the glass, she noticed the bartender had other plans. He was pouring her a Lemon Mojito. A more high quality drink, she did not want to get tipsy. Not when she had business meetings to attend not as world class model but the CEO, she started her own beauty product company. Unaware of the pair of eyes that had been lingering on her the moment she stepped in out of the door. Her voice, usually soft and modulated, hardened as she addressed the bartender. "I am sorry, but this is not what I ordered." Her words were a stark contrast to the playful banter that usually characterized such interactions. The bartender, caught off guard by her assertive tone, stammered an apology. "My apologies Ma'am but that gentleman who is also our VIP guest over there bought you this drink."